Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Don't look at this "potty dollar" NSFW ! (Not Safe For Work)

dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 30, 2018 1:18PM in U.S. Coin Forum

This was in a collection of stuff I bought some months ago. Just came across it again. I was going to post it in the "Full figure coins" thread. But I decided it needed its own thread with a warning out front.

Comments

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ouch, I looked :o

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not a potty. :D
    I'm always amazed what passed for humor back then. They used to take large cents and converted the E to a U which I assume they thought was quite funny.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@dcarr said:
    This was in a collection of stuff I bought some months ago. Just came across it again. I was going to post it in the "Full figure coins" thread. But I decided it needed its own thread with a warning out front.

I wonder if any of the major grading services would slab that with the appropriate notation on the slab label.

• Options

@Realone said:

@PerryHall said:
    I'm always amazed what passed for humor back then. They used to take large cents and converted the E to a U which I assume they thought was quite funny.

Agreed, it's a peni.

You forgot the mintmark. :D

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now ... I've never actually watched "it" from that angle, but it looks like a miss to me. I'll say no more on the subject.

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Originality: 10
    Execution: 3

:o:o

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

Please OP -- make one betta --

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

XXX :*

• Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

um, yeah.

• Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Penetraded?
    I’ll show myself out.

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

Got one of those from a member here once.

imageimage

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha Genius! Or penius!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen many 'potty dollars'... but never saw that one before.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know, Andrew Johnson's last year in office was 1869. Lyndon Johnson's last year in office was 1969....Both Johnson's departed office 100 years apart. Hmmm....'69, Johnson, screwing Miss Liberty, country, yep- prophetic, or, pro-phallic? :#

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it. I actually have been collecting erotically engraved coins for many years. I have quite a few of them. You wouldnt believe some of the stuff that was engraved on coins in the 19th century.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all good.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Type2 said:
    It's all good.

I'll have to respectfully disagree. :#

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

They went to the trouble to carve a woven rug on the floor. Focus on the rug. the rug.

• Options

@jabba said:
    And I got a hard time for a “good beaver month”

As you should. Quite the let down when I opened your thread... ;)

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it is a Trade Dollar. I guess we know what kind of trade she was in. :#

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a shame that some people feel the need to destroy perfectly nice coins and currency.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

At the time it was just bullion, and possibly not even legal tender by then. It was far more interesting to them than the unaltered variety. ;)

• Options

@JBK said:
    At the time it was just bullion, and possibly not even legal tender by then. It was far more interesting to them than the unaltered variety. ;)

Agree. After it was demonetized it was essentially a piece of scrap metal.

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

This must be the companion piece to the one where she’s holding it up in the air with her right hand.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file