Home Sports Talk

Is LeBron James an idiot or lying?

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure everyone saw the antisemitic lyrics James posted to his instagram. He said he didn't mean to offend. Do you think he is lying, or an idiot. I would hazard a guess that everyone knows the stereotype about Jewish people those lyrics speak of

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of ironic coming from him. It's just as offensive as the things he criticizes others for saying.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

Kind of ironic coming from him. It's just as offensive as the things he criticizes others for saying.

bingo. i like LeBron but i'll sure as hell call him out when need be. he's the epitome of hypocrisy.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

why can't he be both?

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does he even open his mouth? I don’t like or dislike him, he is irrelevant to me because he is a Basketball Star and I don’t follow the game. Actors, Athletes ect are just people,I literally can not stand it when they get on their soap box and make statements that the media blows up, they don’t matter outside of the game in my opinion.

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2018 4:39PM

I'm sure ESPN and the media wont say a word.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea what he said. The only people I read on the internet are you brush poppers.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:
    No idea what he said. The only people I read on the internet are you brush poppers.

this , how do you guys know what he is babbling about anyway? Are you Instagram buddies?

Or sitting in front of the boob tube all day watching the various flavors of fake news?

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nba has said he will not be disciplined. So hypocritical. First the tampering for which he is not disciplined, now this. Guy needs to shut up and dribble.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

Is that a line from "True Grit". ;):)

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is becoming a public figure whose chutzpah has managed to become greater than his skills at basketball.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

He may be good, but he is no MJ on or off the court. I have no use for him and his trouble making ways!

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    Nba has said he will not be disciplined. So hypocritical. First the tampering for which he is not disciplined, now this. Guy needs to shut up and dribble.

They didn't do anything to Shaq when he was far worse denigrating Yao Ming. No surprise nothing's happening here.

@Tabe said:

@craig44 said:

They didn't do anything to Shaq when he was far worse denigrating Yao Ming. No surprise nothing's happening here.

shaq is likable though :D if you like someone its easier to let a few things slide

@DIMEMAN said:

@Darin said:

Is that a line from "True Grit". ;):)

John Wayne did call Glen Campbell a 'Texas brush popper' in True grit.
    I think it was a common phrase in the west amongst cowboys, referring to going
    into the brush to retrieve the strays.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I am sure everyone saw the antisemitic lyrics James posted to his instagram. He said he didn't mean to offend. Do you think he is lying, or an idiot. I would hazard a guess that everyone knows the stereotype about Jewish people those lyrics speak of

Lebron James is definitely an idiot.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a Jewish guy and take absolutely no offence in the lyrics as James posted them. We are on a circle jerk of one upping the feigned outrage between gender, race and religion. Enough of the bull crap already.

The kneeling and looking down at the floor during the anthem. That is truly offensive.

I met a combat veteran last night at dinner. 8 Years in Afghanistan. His back was seriously messed up but other than noting it, he had no complaints and his only regret was the friends that he lost in battle, and that the injury forced him to leave the military.

Screw the protesting professional athletes. Do it on your own dime.

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    Do you think he is lying, or an idiot.

both

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    He may be good, but he is no MJ on or off the court. I have no use for him and his trouble making ways!

this

edited December 25, 2018 5:03PM

@Coinstartled said:
    I am a Jewish guy and take absolutely no offence in the lyrics as James posted them. We are on a circle jerk of one upping the feigned outrage between gender, race and religion. Enough of the bull crap already.

The kneeling and looking down at the floor during the anthem. That is truly offensive.

I met a combat veteran last night at dinner. 8 Years in Afghanistan. His back was seriously messed up but other than noting it, he had no complaints and his only regret was the friends that he lost in battle, and that the injury forced him to leave the military.

The old white man comment IRT the NFL as well. He's a basketball player. Play your sport. There is no other use for you so STFU and just play. He's a double shift fry guy at McDonalds without the sport.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

craig are you morphing into a snowflake? :D

@softparade said:

@Coinstartled said:

The old white man comment IRT the NFL as well. He's a basketball player. Play your sport. There is no other use for you so STFU and just play. He's a double shift fry guy at McDonalds without the sport.

All the James bashing is fine, but you guys are still watching these guys. I do not and have not for some time. Sure if I am at a friends and MNF is on the tv I'll pick up a few minutes, but I have not watched a total of 60 minutes of combined NFL/NBA in the last 12 moths. I read the book about Hillary loosing the 2016 election on Super Bowl night.

I get that the old timers here are married to their team, but that sort of negates the outrage and the jerks will continue the antics.

@Coinstartled said:

@softparade said:

@Coinstartled said:

All the James bashing is fine, but you guys are still watching these guys. I do not and have not for some time. Sure if I am at a friends and MNF is on the tv I'll pick up a few minutes, but I have not watched a total of 60 minutes of combined NFL/NBA in the last 12 moths. I read the book about Hillary loosing the 2016 election on Super Bowl night.

I get that the old timers here are married to their team, but that sort of negates the outrage and the jerks will continue the antics.

Just for score keeping, I don't pay any attention to the NBA. That's how loud his f'ing mouth is.

@Coinstartled said:

@softparade said:

@Coinstartled said:

Is it okay if a few of us watch some games? Otherwise every thread is going to be like this:

Did you guys see the Patriots- Chiefs game?

Replies:

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

@Coinstartled said:

@softparade said:

@Coinstartled said:

if you complain about it you are complicit in my book it means you for some reason care what they think or say. If these are basketball players watch them play and ignore their opinions . Anything they say outside of the game is unimportant . They are not selected for the brilliant ideas about society they are there to shoot hoops.

Same with actors right? Make your movie play your part , and keep your trap shut . Anyone that thinks the opinion of a movie actor should inform who they vote for has problems.

But , people for some reason care and listen and want to know if they cheat on their wife and what car they drive? Oh tell us what you believe in mr sports guy or rock star or actress lady. People stopped vaccinating kids because a dumb blond on tv told them to. Kyrie Irving literally thinks the earth is flat!!!! , that is normally reserved for folks that need assistance to tie their shoes , but he can still pass and shoot , as long as he can perform on the court what do I care if he is numb as a box of hammers?

I mean it could be worse he could collect sports cards , or even autographs :D:D . Thats where I draw the line personally

edited December 25, 2018 6:04PM

I have not watched an NBA game since Michael Jordan retired from the Bulls.

From what I heard James said he would play on the Cleveland team until he retired. Then the big offer came in from La-La Land and he grabbed the bucks. I don’t care to watch him play for one second.

And for the record 95% of the reason why none of “the old White guys” want no part of his darling little quarterback is because the guy is washed up and can’t play. The other 5% is because he would a disruptive influence for any organization that hired him.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:
    I have not watched an NBA game since Michael Jordan retired from the Bulls.

From what I heard James said he would play on the Cleveland team until he retired. Then the big offer came in from La-La Land and he grabbed the bucks. I don’t care to watch him play for one second.

And for the record 95% of the reason why none of “the old White guys” want no part of his darling little quarterback is because the guy is washed and can’t play. The other 5% is because he would a disruptive influence for any organization that hired him.

The highest QB rating he mustered in anything close to a full season was 71.8 and that was his first full season. He's a bad QB. Who would sign a over hyped #2 with all the baggage that comes? I find it funny watching all these entertainers refuse a SB half time spot over this should be paper boy.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is LeBron James a bigot? Of course he is and it's quite obvious. He only apologized because his "financial empire" would be placed in jeopardy if he didn't apologize. However I doubt if many actually believe his apology.

That being said, he is also an idiot in ways that even James may not know, but he needs to understand. Comments such as (paraphrase) being in the NBA is like slavery...is a repugnant, despicable comparison to the former institution of slavery in America, of which some of that still goes on in the world today.

Slavery is horrific, and it will be nice when it is hopefully one day wiped off the face of the earth. James equating himself and NBA players making millions of dollars, having unparalleled freedom and liberty as citizens in America, etc, to those now and in the past who were forced into being slaves, totally disrespects and dishonors every slave who ever lived and the insufferable hardship that they endured.

edited December 25, 2018 6:11PM

I believe Lebron is a full fledged racist. Absolutely.

How else do you bring up the US slave period in reference to his comments about old white NFL owners? Does the moron not know that nobody alive is even remotely hitched to that period?

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    craig are you morphing into a snowflake? :D

No, I just wanted to highlight the hypocrisy. Had that been a white guy saying the same, or making a similar comment about another group, it would be all over the news and his career would be over. James says it and gets to apologize. Ridiculous

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes & Yes and he will get by with it unless he was a Fox commentator

edited December 25, 2018 8:23PM

@pocketpiececommems said:
    Yes & Yes and he would have gotten away with it , if it wasn't for that meddling craig44

I for one, am boycotting the purchase of all LeBron James labeled merchandise.

Which may not affect him much because I never bought any before, and never would have anyway.

@stevek said:

Which may not affect him much because I never bought any before, and never would have anyway.

stay strong steve :D

I really wish Dan ( Softparade ) was posting here during the embattled Kap is a jerk thread 🍻

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

stay strong steve :D

It's hard because I've always wanted one of these. :D

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@softparade said:

The highest QB rating he mustered in anything close to a full season was 71.8 and that was his first full season. He's a bad QB. Who would sign a over hyped #2 with all the baggage that comes? I find it funny watching all these entertainers refuse a SB half time spot over this should be paper boy.

QBR, not QB rating. Different stats. And the 71.8 was in a half-season.

In his last stretch as an NFL QB, Kaepernick was average. Not bad, not good, average. 16 TDs, 4 INT, 90.7 QB Rating, 49.5 QBR. The year before that, he was bad (43.4 QBR) but the three years prior, he was good (71.8, 65.7, 60.9 QBRs).

edited December 26, 2018 6:20AM

@Tabe said:

@softparade said:

QBR, not QB rating. Different stats. And the 71.8 was in a half-season.

In his last stretch as an NFL QB, Kaepernick was average. Not bad, not good, average. 16 TDs, 4 INT, 90.7 QB Rating, 49.5 QBR. The year before that, he was bad (43.4 QBR) but the three years prior, he was good (71.8, 65.7, 60.9 QBRs).

my BAD. It was his break out "gimmick" season.

Has anyone who still supports Colin Kaepernick, been paying attention to what has been going on in the NFL the past few seasons? I mean come on now...declining TV ratings, declining fan attendance at the games, and a whole assortment of other negatives directly attributable to Kaepernick and the kneelers who he inspired.

So let's stop with the silly nonsense that his past performance on the field is a reason the owners should give him a chance to return. Kaepernick is a disruptive force who has cost the NFL owners a lot of money. The NFL owners didn't become multi-millionaires, and able to buy NFL franchises by being stupid enough to rehire a costly malignancy such as Colin Kaepernick.

LeBron James better begin treading very carefully or the same thing could happen to him. Of course James is a far superior player to Kaepernick, and far more important to the NBA than Kaepernick ever was to the NFL. However if the NBA owners come to a conclusion that James is overall costing them money, then he will be gone as well.

James isn't even close to that point yet of hurting the league. In fact right now he still makes the league a lot of money. But I'd be sure his agent, lawyer or whoever clearly told him after his despicable comments that if he continues along that line, the same thing that happened to Kaepernick could happen to him.

What cracks me up now that I actually read what that idiot Lebron said is that the NFL player is a product of the players union themselves, if people think NFL players get treated poorly well then why don’t they won’t strike or threaten a walkout? I meen all it would take is for them to refuse to dress for the first preseason game and the owners would listen to gripes real fast.

@djr said:
    Man, you coin guys must be super old :p

You don't have to be old to have common sense. ;)

What's the over/under on Lebron James changing his name, along the same lines of Lew Alcindor or Cassius Clay?

@stevek said:
    What's the over/under on Lebron James changing his name, along the same lines of Lew Alcindor or Cassius Clay?

Weren't those religiously prompted? LeBron worships LeBron . LeBron wants us all to change our names and preach the gospel of LeBron

Our savior who were't in Cleveland hallowed be thy name , thy Lakers come

@djr said:

You don’t have to be old to get sick of listening to guys, who are making tens millions of dollars a year, complain about how life sucks.

@DIMEMAN said:

@djr said:

You don't have to be old to have common sense. ;)

common sense kinda precludes being a cowboy's fan though

@stevek said:

I mean hell, could there be a better name for a pugilist than Cassius.

Lew was kind of a wimpy name for a 7 foot center.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

6/17
    The Brentwood home, which was purchased by LeBron James in 2015, reportedly had the N-word spray painted on the front gate. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-sports/racist-slur-spray-painted-on-home-of-lebron-james-122471/