Home U.S. Coin Forum

1998 brown dime and a 2001 golden multicolored nickel.

I'm fairly certain the nickel is sole kind of post mint. But I love the way it looks so I figured I'd throw it in since it was somewhat related. Now as for the dime, is this a clad error? I have read and looked at photos continuously and that is just something I cant get the hang of. I guess I need more first person? Or better material. Idk ![]

(https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/28/ykgdxcnhisiy.jpg "")

Comments

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

The nickel is dirty and the dime was in acidic soil and has corroded.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

+1

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both are PMD as already stated. Don't ever lose your curiousity!

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice clear pics. Cropping is a suggested improvement to get rid of the extraneous hair and stuff. ;)

Agree with all above about PMD.

To compound all the atrocities that occurred to the Roosie it also got ran over (warpiness).

The Jeff has a circular roughness pattern on the obverse (last pic) but could be just dirt.

Keep on searching the more you see the more experience you will gain. Have fun searching! :)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with @TomB.... the dime is likely a metal detector find.... Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Throw them both over your left shoulder for good luck while in a Wawa parkIng lot so somebody else can ask if they're dd's. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

fugly!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Thanks for the replies everyone. I really appreciate it. I have no problem tossing the dime, but the nickel looks pretty amazing however it happened so I'll be keeping it just for looks. Thank you for the link. It really is hard to get an eye for differences with most of the pictures available online, I've read alot but reading what its supposed to look like and seeing it are two different things. Lol.

• Also thought I had cropped the pics.. I must have uploaded the wrong versions. Oops. It's just my puppy hair, lol. Its everywhere and unavoidable unfortunately 🤣

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Danilee219 said:
    Also thought I had cropped the pics.. I must have uploaded the wrong versions. Oops. It's just my puppy hair, lol. Its everywhere and unavoidable unfortunately 🤣

Let’s see the pup, please.

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sewer coins. Please handle with gloves.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file