Home U.S. Coin Forum

New to forum and coin hunting/collecting. Thanks for all info. Didnt mean to upset anyone or intrude

Books are a better way to figure this out. They arent rude. Again, i apologize if ive intruded or upset anyone.

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Billylan76

Welcome to the PCGS forums. A lot of great information can be found in here. There are enthusiasts and expert from many numismatic backgrounds that frequent this forum so there is much knowledge to be gained. Be a sponge and soak up this freely given knowledge.

Have fun and enjoy!

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Billylan76 said:
    Books are a better way to figure this out. They arent rude. Again, i apologize if ive intruded or upset anyone.

Ignore the rude people. The old curmudgeons around here are really asshats sometimes. Post whatever you want and just listen to the friendly people.

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2018 6:54AM

Welcome and be patient with those who are rude. Ignore them and seek out the information that will help you. There's a lot of very knowledgeable and well mannered folks here who will help. :)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Billylan76 .... Welcome aboard..... Yes, books are an important part of learning. That being said, so is this forum. However, as in most social media, there are good and not so good points. Much like panning for gold... the nuggets are there, but one must process gravel to find them. :D;) This forum has many great members and the knowledge is dispersed freely. Stick around, learn and enjoy. Cheers, RickO

• CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2018 7:58AM

Like so many forums until you have 1000's of post you just aren't accepted into the clan "by some". Just ignore the a**hats.

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go for it, Search and post and learn.

Learning is the key word. You will learn a lot here IF you Listen.

The experts are on this forum.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that's a good start! Thoughtful questions (do a bit of research to know what to ask) with respectful followup will be answered!
    Now, look up the definition of curmudgeon and ignore anything from the sort. There is an active post currently with TONS of reference material listed. Check it out.

And... WELCOME! :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

What did I miss?

Welcome new guy!

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually there is a lot to learn here, especially about coins. Don't mistake straight forward answers as rudeness. Some will tell you to go read a book, some will tell you in a text, some will joke with you and not give an answer, some will not answer you at all. If you can take a few zingers and stick around, you'll fit right in. Welcome :)

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, no one's perfect, numismatics is a broad and deep hobby, use the search engine to find prior posts, bookmark links, exercise the mind, drink plenty of liquids, power naps are good. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the CU. Lots of old cranks everywhere but especially so here, don't let it bother you. Peace!!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2018 10:32AM

Post whatever you want. Take most of the advice, and ignore most of the criticism. If you have honest questions, it will all sort itself out over time.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rude gonna be rude. Just like haters gonna hate. Go by the rule "Don't feed the trolls". No response is better than engaging. They do it for fun and are practiced at it.

Welcome. Not many trolls here. The get banned or move on.

• @Hemispherical said:
    @Billylan76

Welcome to the PCGS forums. A lot of great information can be found in here. There are enthusiasts and expert from many numismatic backgrounds that frequent this forum so there is much knowledge to be gained. Be a sponge and soak up this freely given knowledge.

Have fun and enjoy!

Thank you very much. I appreciate your time and insight.

• Thank you everyone. I sincerely appreciate all information, feedback, and criticism. I do apologize for losing my stick. It had been a long day. No excuse, just trying to explain. Thanks again.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry about it. Sometimes people need a little cold water splashed on their face to bring them back into reality, so thanks for doing that and reminding the forum to not take itself too seriously.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file