Home U.S. Coin Forum

What Do We Think of These SLQs?

AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

The toning/crud is reminiscent of some of the fake Morgans floating around. Would anyone really bother to fake these?

Smitten with DBLCs.

Comments

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

China is faking a lot of U.S. coins lately which look circulated.

Ebay is full of them at majorly reduced prices without mentioning they are not genuine.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

They have a cast look to them.

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

"We" don't like counterfeits. Makers should be fined, looses ALL their revenues and the spend a few years in prison. I've heard that China has some very nice ones with excellent recreational opportunities.... ;)

Sellers/ distributors should suffer the same penalties, but maybe end up in a nice Peruvian prison with ocean views.

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't the bare breasted one not have stars under the eagle?

• david3142david3142 Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2018 5:07PM

@abcde12345 said:
    Wouldn't the bare breasted one not have stars under the eagle?

It’s a Type 2. Looks like the Type 1 breast but it’s just wear. The hair is the giveaway.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aotearoa Like any other illicit (or otherwise) material. If there is a demand then someone will supply. :/

@abcde12345 Type II?

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dunno, the pasty grey look is weird to me and the rims seem fat. IMO. How did we come to possess them? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those look dicey to me... I would not buy them unless I could examine them in hand.... and very likely not then....Cheers, RickO

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

These days the rule for buyers should be: If in doubt as to authenticity, pass. I would pass on both of those.

All glory is fleeting.
  • AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    I dunno, the pasty grey look is weird to me and the rims seem fat. IMO. How did we come to possess them? Peace Roy

They're for sale on Trade Me (our local version of eBay). No opportunity to see in hand. SLQs are not my thing but these caught my eye because of the funky colour.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

The '17 looks odd to me... T2 reverse, but the chain mail armor doesn't seem to be all there. It could just be wear, but the hair "details" seem to be off as well. Any idea as to diameter measurement and weight?

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file