Home U.S. Coin Forum

Indian Cent Errors from my Personal Collection

ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 8, 2018 9:51PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I haven't posted coins from my personal collection in a while so I thought I'd post some of the more interesting and my favorite pieces of my collection - my Indian cent errors. So let's see what you've got too - post em if you got em! (by the way, I need to acknowledge my coin photographer, Todd of BluCCPhotos, who has been taking amazing pictures of my coins for over 12 years.)

p.s. All of my personal collection coins are on my website in case you want to see more....

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®

Comments

• TunisTunis Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭

Those are amazing!!! Thank you for sharing

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW !
    What a nice collection. Thanks for posting.

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Charmy, those are some very nice eye appealing errors. Very nice personal set.

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

The off-center strikes always do it for me!

• BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one heck of a collection of errors! Thanks for sharing it!

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2018 8:44PM

Now I know where the Indian Head errors are ;)

Great collection!

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Epic collection there!

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that you have all the good ones tied up...........................I'll quit looking.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a collection of rare errors!

Thanks for sharing.

I truly enjoyed looking at them.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent. Especially like the lamination and split pieces.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way cool! Thanks for sharing.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @ThePennyLady for sharing your wonderful error collection. Errors dating back to over 160 years. Wow!

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like a museum of IHCs errs! Wow -- very informative and interesting. Thanks!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice gathering of Indian Cents!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are wonderful, thank you for sharing!

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a stunning group of Indian Cent errors you've assembled, Charmy. Thanks for sharing them here with us.

I have one IHC error. It's a cent dated boldly, "7." The "1", "9" , and "0" are very,very faint, not visible to the naked eye from as little as 2 feet away.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an incredible run of beautiful mistakes! Love them all.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a unique group of Indians Charmy. Don't believe I have had the chance to view them before. Thank you for sharing.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not of the caliber of your coins, but one of a few I have.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • ParlousJoeParlousJoe Posts: 451 ✭✭✭

Beautiful pieces Ms. Pennylady!!

• ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you everyone. I'm pleased you are enjoying these pieces as much as I do.

Paradise, thank you. Yesterday was especially sentimental for me.

Jes, very neat doubling on that 1891, thanks for posting it.

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

That 1864 80% off center was a fortunate find :)

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2018 11:20PM

Amazing pieces! I really enjoyed viewing them.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice collection!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its kinda cool that some of them went into circulation before someone decided to pull them out.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

And that's why you are the Penny Lady. The images are excellent. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... great, dramatic errors. Thanks for sharing Charmy!

Got Crust....y gold?
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an impressive display and collection. I have no words.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Charmy - WOW!!!! Thanks for showing us these stunning examples!

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • dengadenga Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

Exceptional coins and photography. Thanks for posting.

• FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking coins. Thanks for showing them.

Ken

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! A truly magnificent collection, thank you for sharing.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭

Incredible pennies Charmy, after all you are the Penny Lady. Thanks the '42 proof Lincoln I purchased a couple years ago.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are not enough superlatives to describe that collection Charmy... An incredible assemblage of IHC error coins.... Thank you for showing us... Cheers, RickO

• StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy cow, what a nice collection.

I would imagine with the amount of cents you deal with, deciding which will go in your personal collection must be very tough.

Hard to pick a favorite there - but would come down to the 1905 Double Struck with Indent or the 1895 Double Off-Center.

------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks - great examples. I can't believe anyone has a better collection than that! Truly enjoyed viewing them.

Jim

• jedmjedm Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing your beautiful imperfections! Nice collection.

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really compelling collection, Charmy! I particularly like the off center strikes and wished I owned one.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spectacular! Thanks for sharing!!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThePennyLady Those are some awesome looking error cents.

Thanks for sharing them.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome pieces !!

• feeter277feeter277 Posts: 48 ✭✭✭

Wow great collection... just ordered a indian cent from you cant wait to get it... not an error but nice none the less

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW!

Love the variety/error combos- The 1894 O/C RPD and the 1892 Struck-Thru Scarface are awesome.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Superb error Indians Charmy. A very neat collection.

OINK

• alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭

just one would be WOW,

• littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭

I don't collect errors, but this is absolutely amazing!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Very interesting to see a lot of the things that can occur during the coin making process, great collection and thanks for posting

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spectacular! Thanks for sharing!!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mornin' all -

Charmy, that's one of the best major error Indian Cent
    Collections known - great coins, and congrats for collecting
    them like that !

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file