Home U.S. Coin Forum

Probably a Veteran Returns Home

mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

My son received this in change in Korea. He does not collect coins, but knew it was "different". I just imagine the scenarios as to how it got to Korea and hid out.

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can imagine a Korean merchant who had no clue what to do with this silver dime. Perhaps he didn't even know it's silver. Then an American comes along and buys something.............ah ha moment for the merchant. Pass this off on him. Get it out of my till right now!
    Poor American!!
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably been stashed for awhile. Far East do know gold/silver.

• TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    Probably been stashed for awhile. Far East do know gold/silver.

Say what?

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very Noice, I received many things in my time in Asia, unfortunately a silver Merc was not one of them.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mustangmanbob said:
    My son received this in change in Korea. He does not collect coins, but knew it was "different". I just imagine the scenarios as to how it got to Korea and hid out.

What a neat thing! Even in Korea when you see that pretty little lady in your hand, you're going to take notice!

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

<3 West meets East <3

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool... rare enough to find a Merc in change here in the states... Got to be a one time shot to get one in Korea...Cheers, RickO

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would imagine that some of these were in the pockets of Americans who fought there in the early 1950s and still come out of hiding from time to time.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file