Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Friday night...what are you thinking? What are you drinking?

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am thinking that it is best to sell coins that you plan on parting with sooner rather than later.

Had some Trader Joe's lemonade an hour ago.

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quizzes. Ice cream. Sleep.

• Options
    jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am drinking coffee and am thinking that it is better to do whatever you really want sooner rather than later.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Drinking water, thinking it was nice to see sunshine for the first time in days.

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking I'm exhausted from wrestling with 12" of heavy snow all day and I'm having a Yeungling Lager to end the day properly.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

G&T mulling over Insider2's last quiz. eBay sales are also ramping up (finally), been a busy day.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2018 7:11PM

Chinese food and two Coors lights and now home to watch some tube. Need to strategize to get some rolls this weekend to search.

And still stoked over CHD's $10,000!

• Options
    JeffnluJeffnlu Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭

Couple of Bud Lights. Just thinking how noisy the house will be this weekend. Our daughter from Iowa is coming home for her baby shower and our son and his wife are coming from Minnesota. Baby shower tomorrow with twenty five women here, the son and me will be gone long gone.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2018 7:32PM

While looking at this.

OH NO,,,,,,,, I realized that I sold this coin a few months back,,,,,,, but now the cert is N/G.

Did I again sell a coin that upgraded and I left money on the table?

If someone here bought it,,,,,,, I can take it,,,,,, tell me!!!!!

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

Venison Chili and a Topo Chico. Thinking it's gonna be cold and slushy in the morning and my 15 miler sure isn't going to be much fun. Might have to reward myself with a couple rolls of 90% from the LCS. Stack on and Semper Fi!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

Just came back from a run. Might work on some photos from my trip to Hawaii last week, might start on my next scale model (P-40 Warhawk). Drinking LaCroix, but a Sierra Nevada in solidarity sounds nice.

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• Options
    SimpleCollectorSimpleCollector Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Singlecut IPA “Does anybody Remember Laughter?” , thinking or should I say dreaming of retiring sooner rather than later

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gin and Fresca with a little lime.

Making dinner, looking forward to trying to capture the look of my latest acquisition with some camera work later tonight. :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched a CGI video of the last hours of the Titanic this afternoon in real time with captions telling some of the event as they unfolded and have been thinking about it a lot since. Obviously, the important part is the tragedy and it is heartbreaking and difficult to imagine what those poor people went through. The coin enthusiast in me wants to know what coins were aboard the ship. I remember seeing a Barber Half at some point that was able to be tracked back to one of the victims(I think), but can't remember any of the details or the date/mm. Not drinking anything now, but the wife asked if we had any mini marshmallows a few minutes ago...there may be some hot chocolate in the near future!

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been drinking tons of stuff to flush out all the smoke in the air, mainly iced tea. It is just yucky. Thinking about how to get this 5 year old to calm down who is hyper after a stay home day due to alls schools cancelled for smoke.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking club show tomorrow... Better help 'em setup.

Then it's bourbon time

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reese’s and butterfinger blend cheesecake. Dr Pepper. Garnished with chicken nachos.
    Viewing eBay, bidding on nickels

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Checking all my ebay searches, drinking a kokanee

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

@Paradisefound said:
    Broiled fresh water eel Unagi accompanied by hot sake :)

YUM YUM <3

YUCK!!!!!! Not me,,,,,,, I would NEVER eat that!!!!!!!! :s:s:s:s:s

• Options

@Paradisefound

You are a better man than I am ;)

• Options

@GRANDAM said:
    @Paradisefound

You are a better man than I am ;)

Than most of us. :D

• Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

A & W rootbeer.

Wondering if a Buff, SLQ, Peace, or a Lincoln will be the next treasure I purchase.

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

A nice Cabernet with steak on the grill........and now a small snifter of Old Blowhard, a limited production whisky that is no longer available. Rarity 1/0 ........ pretty soon I will be allocated only one teaspoon for my shot.

And now........time to look for coins on the internet. I am in the mood now to BUY. But saddened to hear of CrazyHoundDog's plight.

OINK

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm watching college football and drinking Olong tea. You guys must be nuts unagi kabayaki don is the "bomb" !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2018 10:24AM

Sierra Pale Ale. Good choice.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with the "bomb" unary kabayaki don part but I need to work on your "Olong" :s

@Timbuk3 said:
    I'm watching college football and drinking Olong tea. You guys must be nuts unagi kabayaki don is the "bomb" !!! :)

@Timbuk3 said:

• Options
    Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m thinking of the coin that has been “out for delivery” for 2 days wondering if it’s ever going to show up, while sipping iced tea.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

You and @Timbuk3 should have a Tea party B)<3

@Rob41281 said:
    I’m thinking of the coin that has been “out for delivery” for 2 days wondering if it’s ever going to show up, while sipping iced tea.

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cuba Libre . . . . . Rum and Diet Coke with lime.

Just digesting the Rust Coin saga here . . . and bummed out.

Drunner

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Diet Dr Pepper here while I wonder why ,oh why I did not get any + grades on my Quarterly submission.

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭

Rare Malts Selection - Clynelish 22 y.o. - Distilled in 1972 - 117.28 proof.

My Dad would have used the stuff to numb a baby's gums whilst teething, but he's passed away so no worries now. ;)

• Options
    edited November 16, 2018 9:24PM

Ice water. With a strawberry back. Ahhh.....

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2018 9:30PM

Jack Daniels Rye w/ ginger ale (last night)
    Tonight decaf coffee and water. Thinking, coin shows the past four weekends ...man I'm beat!

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking about why I was saving all these cents, I think they are worth less than the flips their in - 14 hands Cab.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been looking at the Heritage site for the last two copper pieces i need for my type set... I think I'll keep looking.

I lifted earlier, watched the second John Wick movie, and now I'm settling into ebay and a little Patron Silver...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm cleaning some toilets in my house. Don't tell me I don't know how to have a good time on a Friday night!!

Drinking sparkling water.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SkyMan said:
    I'm cleaning some toilets in my house. Don't tell me I don't know how to have a good time on a Friday night!!

Let us know if you find any Tidy Bowl Dollars!!

;)

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking about leaving the state of CT (aka sinkhole state) Newly elected Ned Lamont wants to go the tolls and a state property tax route. I already pay town property taxes, income tax, sales tax and gas tax, just can't take it. The only way to make change is to leave.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@Paradisefound said:
    Broiled fresh water eel Unagi accompanied by hot sake :)

YUM YUM <3

YUCK!!!!!! Not me,,,,,,, I would NEVER eat that!!!!!!!! :s:s:s:s:s

Tastes like chicken; I'm sure of it! :D

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... it is Saturday morning now... so already had my OJ and fresh lemon juice, now drinking my sparkling water....Thinking about the snow yesterday - six inches, and wondering if there will be a lot of it this winter. Need to get out my list of 'indoor chores' now that outdoor stuff is limited... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with RickO, Saturday morning large Dunkin Donuts hazelnut coffee cruising the forum before starting my honey do list...

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options

@SkyMan said:

Cleaning toilets and drinking sparkling water.....just don't like the sound of that for some reason.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wylers raspberry ice tea with seltzer. Party on dude! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last night, I had some of my new favorite whiskey on the rocks:

Highly recommend - around $40 a bottle, but worth it.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2018 6:31PM

Longbranch. Looks good. But too much $$$$$.

• Options
    edited November 17, 2018 6:32PM

Double post. Sorry.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file