Home Metal Detecting

Does anyone sell there finds?

I was just curious if anyone sells there metal detecting finds?

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. I can say that in the past 25+ years, I've only been approached to sell one item. Dug a 1937 Radio Orphan Annie decoder badge, the first time I showed it, a guy wanted to buy it for $100. I declined and it's in my finds. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• I never have tried to sell any of my finds either but I have said on occasion that if I found something that had a life changing value I would certainly consider it.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't sold anything yet !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not sold any finds.... I am sure if I stumbled upon a cache of gold coins....Well, I would keep them for a while as I drooled over them...but might eventually cash in....A lot would depend on whether they were collector items or just bullion....Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

i got rid of bunch of sterling rings and the sorts that was building up and wanted to clear a drawer out thats about it

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold all my scrap silver and gold I had found prior to 2009. Melt value was far too tempting for me. Have since only found a few pieces.

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to use dug clad coinage in vending machines back in the day. $0.25 for a hamburger, etc...
    I still salt rolls of coins heading back to the bank with a few "darkies" in each roll. I apologize for that. ;)

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use all my clad to buy circ commemorate and gold. I sell the brass and lead finds for the same thing Would consider trading my gold and silver rings for the right coins too.

Barter is always good.... use the finds to get some things you collect.... hmmm... would have to find a bunch of rings to get a new handgun.... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since I only found gold, I sold it all eventually. Had to fund the trips and gas and booze (no broads).

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • CCDAMEEKCCDAMEEK Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

I have sold off Silver, Gold, & Platinum jewelry finds over the years, with the funds of course being used to further the hobby, it's upgrade, and addition of new toys for it. Saying that, all my currently own equipment has been funded by finds, with much room to spare! All without cashing out even one coin. Yet.

Oh how I LOVE this hobby!

Freedom isn't free, we must protect it. Many Thanks to all those in the U.S. Military and Law Enforcement, past and present, for taking lead in that fight.

Current equipment: Whites DFX 300; Tesoro Tiger Shark; Minelab CTX 3030.
    Pin-ponters: Garrett Propointer AT; Minelab Pro Find 35

If you have not cashed out coins... you must have found some significant other items (i.e. gold and silver jewelry).... That sounds as if you have done very, very well... Congratulations. Cheers, RickO