Home Metal Detecting

Best GOLD detector for Rye Patch area of Nevada

I purchased a Garrett for my son several years back (300 series?). I would like to have a decent gold/silver detector for the Rye Patch area of Nevada. I noticed these (VR9000 65M Long Range V) are going for around 500.00. What is the pros and cons for these types of detectors? Is it best to put money into the plate? Advise please.

Transactions..
wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard

Comments

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rye Patch? What kind of ground?

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ground has a lot of salt in it from my experience. Get a detector that has a salt switch. I spent a day with my niece who lives nearby (I was visiting). She was getting nuggets and I was not. Turned my off switch to on for the salt on my VSat Whites and began finding those little buggers. Be careful out there as I've heard there is more than one idiot that likes to play with his six shooter when others get too close to him. Pic attached is my total find for a day of walking and hunting.
    bob :)

ooops, wrong hunt, will see if I can find pics.....nuggets were very small, half a dozen sat on a cent. We were hunting between Lovelock and Rye Patch on the west side of the highway if that helps.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great information, thanks for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nuggets are good...even small ones.... they can be made into big ones... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Garrett AT gold is set up for highly mineralized soil. What model are you swinging! Pi detectors do better at the beach. Although I can adjust my at Pro for the sand and it works great. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52