Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Complete set registry set question

stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 7, 2018 2:49PM in PSA Set Registry Forum

I haven't completed a set yet. I am doing the 1987 Fleer HOF basketball set. I need four cards. I was wondering. What happens when I do complete the set? Thanks

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

Comments

• RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

I’m not sure what you mean, but it will show as 100% complete and you move on to the next project.

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok thanks. I was just asking about when I complete a set.

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2018 9:39AM

Are there still grading vouchers given out for set progress? I never bothered trying to get them, if they still are given, what are the requirements? Is there a time limit to request?

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    Are there still grading vouchers given out for set progress? I never bothered trying to get them, if they still are given, what are the requirements? Is there a time limit to request?

Free Submissions. In order to encourage participation in the PSA Set Registry program when your set reaches 90% complete, you may be entitled to free grading for cards and tickets (effective 1/1/14).

If the set checklist is 25-150 cards or tickets you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set checklist is 151-500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set checklist is 500+ cards or tickets you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    Terms:
    1) Set must be 90% complete or better and the set must be 25 cards or more
    2) Free grades do not necessarily need to be for cards within the set which qualifies for the free grades
    3) Member must have a current PSA Collectors Club membership
    4) Declared value(s) cannot exceed $499.00 per card
    5) There is a maximum of 3 grades per year
    6) Member must pay for P&H both ways
    7) With each free submission approval, all items must be submitted at one time
    8) Packs are not eligible for free grades
    9) The free grading benefit can only be used one time per set
    10) The free grading benefit cannot be used for PSA's dual grading service
    If your set has reached 90% complete, please contact setregistry@collectors.com with your name, address and phone number, the name of the set that qualifies and whether or not your cards are autographed. If you wish to send cards in for different service levels, i.e. crossover, regrade, raw, etc., please inform us when you request your submission form as separate submission forms are required for different types of services. (Note that cards which are autographed and dated pre-1998 will need to go through the “Grading & Autograph Authentication” service.) You will be sent by U.S. mail a submission form to be used exclusively for your free gradings.

@MCMLVTopps Thanks fo the info....so this program is definitely still in effect?

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    @MCMLVTopps Thanks fo the info....so this program is definitely still in effect?

I would think so, it just encourages participataion in the set Registry. You can call PSA Customer Service to confirm.
    800-325-1121.

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:

@PaulMaul said:

Free Submissions. In order to encourage participation in the PSA Set Registry program when your set reaches 90% complete, you may be entitled to free grading for cards and tickets (effective 1/1/14).

If the set checklist is 25-150 cards or tickets you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set checklist is 151-500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set checklist is 500+ cards or tickets you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    Terms:
    1) Set must be 90% complete or better and the set must be 25 cards or more
    2) Free grades do not necessarily need to be for cards within the set which qualifies for the free grades
    3) Member must have a current PSA Collectors Club membership
    4) Declared value(s) cannot exceed $499.00 per card
    5) There is a maximum of 3 grades per year
    6) Member must pay for P&H both ways
    7) With each free submission approval, all items must be submitted at one time
    8) Packs are not eligible for free grades
    9) The free grading benefit can only be used one time per set
    10) The free grading benefit cannot be used for PSA's dual grading service
    If your set has reached 90% complete, please contact setregistry@collectors.com with your name, address and phone number, the name of the set that qualifies and whether or not your cards are autographed. If you wish to send cards in for different service levels, i.e. crossover, regrade, raw, etc., please inform us when you request your submission form as separate submission forms are required for different types of services. (Note that cards which are autographed and dated pre-1998 will need to go through the “Grading & Autograph Authentication” service.) You will be sent by U.S. mail a submission form to be used exclusively for your free gradings.

Thanks.

I inquired about the free gradings and was notified today that I qualify for three! Glad I finally took advantage of this offer....these days free grades are like gold!

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    I haven't completed a set yet. I am doing the 1987 Fleer HOF basketball set. I need four cards. I was wondering. What happens when I do complete the set? Thanks

Confetti falls from the heavens, champagne flows like a river and a huge sense of relief falls over you. Two days later all of that is gone and you get bored and start stressing over which set to start next.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@stwainfan said:

Confetti falls from the heavens, champagne flows like a river and a huge sense of relief falls over you. Two days later all of that is gone and you get bored and start stressing over which set to start next.

LMAO

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@stwainfan said:

Not exactly true. You’ll be finding that confetti long after two days have passed...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    I inquired about the free gradings and was notified today that I qualify for three! Glad I finally took advantage of this offer....these days free grades are like gold!

At least $30 back in your pocket :)