Home U.S. Coin Forum

I almost forgot to post my "VETERANS DAY GIVEAWAY"

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 12, 2018 11:50AM in U.S. Coin Forum

We should all remember our Veterans on this day [actually every single day].
This day also marks my 25 month anniversary since joining these discussions.
To celebrate, and to thank our Veterans, I am giving away a:
To the Veteran 'Winner'

To the Veteran 'Supporter'

see rules below

RULES:
You do not have to be a Veteran but Veterans may enter twice
Post a comment to be entered in the contest. [please mention veterans and coins]
American Veterans **[you know who you are - - - this is the honor system] **may enter twice with 2 comments.
All others may enter only once.
IF YOU ARE A VETERAN PLEASE SPECIFICALLY SAY SO because there is one gift for you and one for non-veterans that appreciate you.
The contest will close at noon EST on Monday 11/12/2018. Two winners will be selected at random [one Veteran/one non-veteran].

Thanks for entering and THANK YOU VETERANS.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

In memory of my Uncle Bobby KIA Korea.
    My dad also a Korean vet had me order The Korean War commem from the mint some years back.

Many happy BST transactions
  • steelieleesteelielee Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Thanks for recognizing our vets. Steelielee, us army vet, 66-68

Many successful BST transactions with dozens of board members, references on request.
  • MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Not a veteran, but thank you to those who serve!

2018 New Zealand 100 Year Anniversary of the Armistice

• ParlousJoeParlousJoe Posts: 451 ✭✭✭

I just want to say Thank You to all past and present Veterans for your service to our Country in keeping us safe and free!

Again, Thank You Veterans!

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last weekend I gave a half dollar to the vet at the VFW table outside the supermarket, and I got a little cloth poppy in return.

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

US Army 1963 - 1969 'Grunt'. Happy veterans day everyone.

• Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2018 4:44PM

@Peace_dollar88 said:

Clair C Bennett
    WWII Veteran
    He served in Normandy, Northern France, Ardennes, Rhineland, and central Europe battle campaigns.
    Bronze star recipient.

I assume that sign says Salzburg (Austria), which, when combined with the "Reichsautobahn", presumably put him in Bavaria, possibly near Berchtesgaden, the town at the base of the mountain where Hitler had his mountain home.

I'll bet he had some stories to tell, although many did not share them,

• AlongAlong Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your service

@Along said:
    Thank you for your service

And your sacrifice....

And for VN vets, welcome home.

• bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018 5:21AM

To all the military members, thank you for your service.

If I am picked, please pass the prize along to a veteran member instead!

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • duck620duck620 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

In memory of my uncle Bill(youngest of 5 brothers who all served in WWII) KIA in action Okinawa 6/8/1945.
    Thanks to all my buddies in all the services...………..Have a great veterans day.
    Ken-Vietnam 1964-66

• DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fairlaneman said:
    Served in the in this Unit and most of the time went into action on these but sometimes in and out on these

Coins would not survive in that environment.
    Ken

Fairlaneman,
    My dad served in Viet Nam in that unit, Infantry. He drove an APC that he probably helped build here in WV while he worked at FMC before being drafted. 1969-1970

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

my sister is a veteran , but i'm not

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not a vet but my wife is she did 20 years in the USN. Thanks for the chance.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome giveaway. My father was a veteran. He joined the Army during WWII and was stationed at Arlington VA. He got out just after the war, but then joined the Marines in 1965. He did 2 tours in Vietnam before retirement in 1979. I received an NROTC scholarship after high school and went active over the summers, but I never took my commission. I consider myself a Joy Boy, and not actually a vet even though I have discharge papers. My hats off to those who served.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Proud to serve from 1982 to 1994 in the US Army, Go Army! Should I be the lucky winner please make a donation to the wounded warrior foundation, there are many veterans who need our help.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're a good man, 1630Boston :)

Lot of vets, myself, included here. That's nice to see.
    Many were WAY before my time. Others overlapped my time. Sometimes, makes me wonder if some of us were 2 ships passing in the night (ie....might have come across one another at some point, some base, but, due to time and due to screen names, we just don't know it.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USMarine6 said:
    U.S.M.C. 1994-2000.
    My first name was given to me in honor of my personal hero, my great uncle Russell Goodchild. If you can read the date you'll know it was a very important date in US history.

On the coin side of things. I should get this one back from the sticker factory tomorrow with a green bean

Extremely important date and your Uncle was an extremely important MAN.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

A thank you to my father, grandfathers, great grandfathers, and all the other veterans whom have served our country with honor, giving me the chance to collect coins in a great country.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

In memory of my grandfather, William Evans, who served in the Army Air Corps and the Air Force from 1943-1974 and flew B-17s, B-47s, and B-29s in the Golden Age of Strategic Air Command. RIP.

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to say THANK YOU to all veterans; past, present and future. I was active duty Air Force for 24 years. I once purchased a 1884-S Morgan Dollar from a pay phone on the streets of Utrecht, The Netherlands from a U.S. dealer. The counter on the phone spun like crazy trying to make that purchase in 1990...I misplaced that coin and who knows how many others during one of my moves.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭✭

I served in several places in the US, Korea, Germany, and Saudi Arabia. Most of my career I worked on aircraft(OV-10, A-37, T-37, A-10).
    USAF TSGT retired

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

fairlaneman that is the 9th ID I know that
    My friend was in that unit!
    US Army Ret. SFC

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

I did not have the honor of serving but many in my family did. Two sons, a brother, two nephews and a niece, my step-dad, an uncle and several great uncles. Thanks to everyone here for your service.

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
    Army infantry here, Iraq '03-04.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old SAC proverb #1: Nothing is too good for the troops, so nothing is what they get.

Cheers

Bob

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old SAC proverb #2: The only reward for a job well done is no punishment.

Cheers

Bob

• GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2019 4:01AM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file