Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PWCC

lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

I sent 100 plus cards to PWCC, but i mistakingly i sent two cards that were part of my player registry. I have been sending emails and calling them and no response , any ideas ?

Comments

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

I always have received calls back and had a card returned to me when I sent in by mistake.

PackManInNC
  • Options

they sent me an email saying they will not return
    they lost my business
    selling 300 cards plus on comc instead

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2018 10:24AM

I dropped off some cards with them at the National in Chicago. There was one card that the high bidder didn't pay for. PWCC contacted me and asked when I wanted the card to be relisted. The card was the only one that PSA had ever graded so it couldn't be slipped into a different auction without there being any suspicion about shill bidding in the first listing. I asked them to send it back to me because I knew it would sell for less the second time. They refused. The card sold for 20-25% less the second time.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:
    I dropped off some cards with them at the National in Chicago. There was one card that the high bidder didn't pay for. PWCC contacted me and asked when I wanted the card to be relisted. The card was the only one that PSA had ever graded so it couldn't be slipped into a different auction without there being any suspicion about shill bidding in the first listing. I asked them to send it back to me because I knew it would sell for less the second time. They refused. The card sold for 20-25% less the second time.

Wow. It is your property. What do the terms and conditions say for their options? I love to have a lawyer read that assuming the buyer does not pay that should have resolved then of any type of ability to hostage take your card

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

While the majority of transactions are completed, on very rare occasions, the buyer fails to remit payment. Should an item you consign go unpaid by the buyer, PWCC will relist in an upcoming auction. PWCC will not return items that go unpaid to the consignor.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    edited November 5, 2018 5:30PM

I asked them to return 3 days before the First item..!! There was no relisting or unpaid transaction

• Options
    IanGIanG Posts: 16

I submitted a card to PWCC for their Premier Auction. I then asked to have the card returned. They refused. A legal review showed the auction was with reserve and the card should have been returned anytime even during the auction. It cost me more than $10,000 in price. PWCC legal stopped responding, leaving it to arbitration. If it is isn't worth $50,000 my lawyer said it isn't worth it legally. In addition, a financial review of the card showed in would be worth more sold on one of their other auctions, not Premier as marketed. I am still looking for the card since it was PSA graded.

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

I love companies that choose the "Let's make people hate us!" option when making business decisions. Brilliant. :o

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody ever had a problem getting cards from the vault after they have had the card for a while?
    It's a tax-free place to send them after an ebay auction.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Mine have always been returned immediately upon my request

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options

@IanG said:
    I submitted a card to PWCC for their Premier Auction. I then asked to have the card returned. They refused. A legal review showed the auction was with reserve and the card should have been returned anytime even during the auction. It cost me more than $10,000 in price. PWCC legal stopped responding, leaving it to arbitration. If it is isn't worth $50,000 my lawyer said it isn't worth it legally. In addition, a financial review of the card showed in would be worth more sold on one of their other auctions, not Premier as marketed. I am still looking for the card since it was PSA graded.

sounds like an unfair trade practice, wish you were in Florida

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

IanG, so you got cold feet after sending your card to PWCC to be in their monthly premier auction? It got listed and was active and then you decided you didn't want to sell the card with PWCC? How close to the end of the auction did you request that it be pulled/removed from the auction?

I don't remember the monthly premiere auctions having a reserve, so I am not sure what "a legal review" would have shown unless you are saying there were no bids on the card when you requested it be returned. The minimum bid is $1k for the premier auction items.

I am pretty sure PWCC doesn't let a seller change their mind once a card goes to auction. Definitely, not the friendliest policy especially prior to auctions starting. However, once the auction starts you shouldn't be allowed to have seller's remorse. It is one of the things I dislike with eBay, I have had too many seller's cancel auctions where I was the high bidder or was interested in the card.

Robb

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

Do people still send PWCC cards to sell?? I haven't heard much from them lately.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what the real story is here but those who play with fire (PWCC) will get burned.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options

yea, no need to send your cards with so many other options now....

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you contacted Brent> @fergie23 said:

IanG, so you got cold feet after sending your card to PWCC to be in their monthly premier auction? It got listed and was active and then you decided you didn't want to sell the card with PWCC? How close to the end of the auction did you request that it be pulled/removed from the auction?

I don't remember the monthly premiere auctions having a reserve, so I am not sure what "a legal review" would have shown unless you are saying there were no bids on the card when you requested it be returned. The minimum bid is $1k for the premier auction items.

I am pretty sure PWCC doesn't let a seller change their mind once a card goes to auction. Definitely, not the friendliest policy especially prior to auctions starting. However, once the auction starts you shouldn't be allowed to have seller's remorse. It is one of the things I dislike with eBay, I have had too many seller's cancel auctions where I was the high bidder or was interested in the card.

Robb

Ian's story isn't complete enough. We need more details.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2022 12:30PM

Yet another reason to not deal with this company, IMHO.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bobbyw8469 said:
    Do people still send PWCC cards to sell?? I haven't heard much from them lately.

I like to peruse their weekly auction, but it is very noticeable the quality of the cards for sale (at least vintage) are currently much lower than in recent years. It's hard to find anything above 8 on there anymore. Folks seem to be done with them.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BBBrkrr said:

@bobbyw8469 said:

I like to peruse their weekly auction, but it is very noticeable the quality of the cards for sale (at least vintage) are currently much lower than in recent years. It's hard to find anything above 8 on there anymore. Folks seem to be done with them.

I think the quality has dropped off because the prices have as well. When I look up VCP on vintage cards, recent PWCC results are often far below all other sales data points. I guess there's a lot of scrutiny right now, making it hard for any funny business to go on with bidding.

• Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

@GemMint agreed. It was a major blow when they lost ebay as their platform as well. They run auctions weekly and its easy to forget or not want to deal with their extended bidding every week. Plus, they aren't the most reputable company so i think that turns a lot of people off, including myself.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

@IanG said:

these guys sound like real %^&34$'s to deal with

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MantleFan23 said:
    @GemMint agreed. It was a major blow when they lost ebay as their platform as well. They run auctions weekly and its easy to forget or not want to deal with their extended bidding every week. Plus, they aren't the most reputable company so i think that turns a lot of people off, including myself.

The extended bidding is a hassle, and that probably does keep some folks away. But, that also keeps the prices down. My buying strategy is to bid low on a hundred cards and then hope I win a few, and I win a few almost every week on PWCC. They may be disreputable %^&34$'s, but I'll buy cheap cards from anyone.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh, PWCC...

why does anyone deal with them?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    oh, PWCC...

Good place to buy from if you want to save 10-25% off ebay pricing. Their auctions rarely go to the level ebay does.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread helped me make a decision. 4SC here I come!

Mike
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2022 8:05AM

@ndleo said:
    This thread helped me make a decision. 4SC here I come!

Good luck brother. They likely have their own issues that could be exposed. I don't personally buy from 4SC because most of their PSA 9s look like PSA 6 or 7's submitted by everyone else. They were also probably 50% of the backlog from all their box openings to grade commons...

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm talking 4SC auctions. This is an auction thread, right? I was about to look at PWCC since I don't hear much about them now that they are off ebay.

Mike
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭

Stay away from PWCC.....

Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:

@craig44 said:
    oh, PWCC...

Good place to buy from if you want to save 10-25% off ebay pricing. Their auctions rarely go to the level ebay does.

Can't imagine why anyone would want to consign with them if they're not getting decent prices? As for 4SC, I sent them an email and they never replied back.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2022 7:59AM

I enjoyed PWCC's great selection on eBay. I miss those days just a few short years ago.
    Their current platform makes collecting feel like a job. Just a really bad vibe from the staff, too.
    I picture a guy in an undersized dress shirt with mousse in his hair. Another thing I enjoyed that is gone now...

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• Options

@secretstash said:

@craig44 said:
    oh, PWCC...

have you not heard of all the dirt on PWCC in the last 5-6 years? I would never deal with a company like that. I don't care how much money they could save me.

• Options
    edited August 11, 2022 9:49AM

@craig44 said:

@secretstash said:

@craig44 said:
    oh, PWCC...

have you not heard of all the dirt on PWCC in the last 5-6 years? I would never deal with a company like that. I don't care how much money they could save me.

There is no love lost here. Same dirt was proven on all of the card authentication companies, including PSA. They let countless instances of fraud slip past them yet they gave me and others dozens of minsizerq on pack pulled cards. There are no excuses.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 949 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watch their auctions and make bids occasionally. One thing I never do on PWCC is chase bids/auctions. I put a price I'll pay and then don't visit the site until the auction is completely over. I'm not going to get into an emotional chase on something after knowing their rep for shadow bidding, etc... If i get the card, fine. If I don't that's fine too.

• Options

I posted this earlier but I asked to have a card taken down from an auction and it was sold instead. That discussion is over. The only option after a legal review was to sue. They broke the law. That cost was more than the card value. They claim they have a policy but nothing is written down. The law says otherwise.

• Options

Looking for card 04244954. Pokemon Charizard graded PSA9. It's loss broke up my set of CCG collectibles. It should be returned to me. I will pay to get it back

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cakes said:

@IanG said:
    I posted this earlier but I asked to have a card taken down from an auction and it was sold instead. That discussion is over. The only option after a legal review was to sue. They broke the law. That cost was more than the card value. They claim they have a policy but nothing is written down. The law says otherwise.

I am sorry for your situation but you asked for it to be taken down after the auction had already started. If AH allowed this it would be madness.

100%. Live by the decisions you make.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 356 ✭✭✭

If it happens again, have a friend buy it for you and then you pay him back if you must have it...

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@azvike said:
    If it happens again, have a friend buy it for you and then you pay him back if you must have it...

I know how that feels I almost did that twice. On both cases the bids got hot at the end and I did fine on the final hammer.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

you have to honor your word and let the auction run. I agree with the above. if you are having strong second thoughts, you have to bid yourself to buy it back.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2022 5:45AM

Once you ship your cards for consignment, you really hope for the best. Man, auctions are hit and miss. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. You just need to hit the big ones. I have been fortunate over the last few years.

This discussion has been closed.