Home Metal Detecting

Detecting an old farm from 1870s

A friend has an old farm house in the family from the 1870s and I have permission to hunt. Lots of targets almost too many bullet shells to get around, yesterday the funny thing was in the driveway i found a couple of pennies from the 70s but got a good looking 1948 jefferson in my change........go figure but have found a couple of buckles and this little piece. Using my tesoro cibola for now will break out vaquero next week.!I think it says Lincoln logs USA.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

An old property like that may produce many interesting finds.... is it a large piece of real estate?
    You never know what may have been located on the land in years gone by. Good luck, Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

Soak that puppy in some mineral oil for a while and some of the debris should fall away. Did Lincoln logs ever come in a box or tin? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) !!!

Timbuk3
  • mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Searched two old Iowa farm properties with my son awhile back. I found 1864 CN on one property and 1867 IHC on the other. The second property gave up a 1944 Mercury dime too.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds... That property likely holds some more treasures.... Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

keep looking a good spot is out there somewhere :)