Home U.S. Coin Forum

What do you think this high grade 1974 LMC will grade?!

Comments

• dadamsdadams Posts: 376 ✭✭✭

Not worth grading in my opinion- that hit on the arm is distracting.

• SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭✭

research prices on greatcollections and heritage and ebay. PCGS prices tell the story as well MS66 the coin is not above 66 and most likely 65 there are a few focal area marks. I agree not worthy of grading. Its a good coin for a set though.

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

65, 66 on a good day.
    66s are going for about $10-15 so that would pretty much eat up your grading fee and you'd be in the hole before you even got to the race track. :/

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

That hit on the arm is going to shut down what was a bad idea in the first place.

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

I grade it $1

• Stupid obverse scratch! Thanks, guys!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep... not worth submitting.... Probably 64/65...Too bad about the hit... Cheers, RickO

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't believe that I was actually trying to zoom in on the reverse to see the "hit on the arm". I have referred to that area on the obverse as the shoulder. Nevertheless, I would not submit this one for certification. I would give him a 64 based on the obverse hit.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file