Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

German encased postage

anyone have any knowledge on the value of these.. I can't find a reference or price guide but from what auction results and sales i see they seem to go in the $30 to $50 dollar range
any input is appreciated
thanks
Ken

If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......

Comments

• Don't have a guide, but from what I've seen there isn't much variation in prices for these unless it's a cross collectible. Like brewery or big name brand on the encasement.

Highly enthusiastic about world coins, contemporary circulating counterfeits and unusual stuff <3

• jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

lol now all I have to do is translate the encasements thank you

• jdmernjdmern Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

This is actually a type of Notgeld. In Germany, it is referred to as 'briefmarkengeld', essentially, 'Stamp Money'. They are listed in Menzel and some other German language guides. The most common pieces retail at around $20-$25 USD, but there are some quite scarce pieces that go in the hundreds.

Justin Meunier

Boardwalk Numismatics

interesting thank you

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got some very richly inked notgeld from the 1920s. Every scene reeks of the fatherland. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

How do you tell a fatherland from a motherland ?

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jfoot13 said:
    How do you tell a fatherland from a motherland ?

I'll contact you with one of the Health teachers at school. She can explain it to you. ;)

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

yeah after I asked that question I knew there was a joke in there somewhere lol