Home Sports Talk

The Green Bay comeback Sunday night.

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the best games I've seen. Really enjoyed it.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2018 1:00PM

bluejay i am trying to purge the ol' memory bank on this otherwise fine monday and you are not helping whatsoever :angry:

i will say that i have officially forgiven kyle fuller for this ghastly spectacle

https://youtu.be/zAIElEU4f_w

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I went to bed on if figuring that the Bears had that one salted away.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rodgers is right up there Brady on being able to rally the team for the win.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2018 1:29PM

Nothing in the NFL surprises me, absolutely nothing. If the unthinkable can happen it probably will or come real close. Last nights game is a perfect example of why I stopped betting on the NFL years ago.

@perkdog said:
    Nothing in the NFL surprises me, absolutely nothing. If the unthinkable can happen it probably will or come real close. Last nights game is a perfect example of why I stopped betting on the NFL years ago.

The thing is....wasn't GB favored to win?

• markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Bears deserved to lose. Not going for it on 4th down before that last field goal was nuts. Kicking the FG decreased their chance of winning.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clay Matthews was surely relieved as his lame roughing the passer penalty nearly negated the historic comeback.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    bluejay i am trying to purge the ol' memory bank on this otherwise fine monday and you are not helping whatsoever :angry:

i will say that i have officially forgiven kyle fuller for this ghastly spectacle

As my old football coach used to sometimes tell us receivers when we dropped a pass, "The ball hit you in a bad spot, your hands."

Yea we really "loved" him. LOL

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

Sorry about that. I did not have an interest in either team,just like to see a competitive game regardless who wins. But credit to your QB Trubisky. He hung in there quite well in the enemy territory of Lambeau.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@grote15 said:
    Clay Matthews was surely relieved as his lame roughing the passer penalty nearly negated the historic comeback.

That is a lame rule. How are you suppose to dictate where you land on someone when after you have left you feet. They have taken this protecting the QB too far. It's just stupid!

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

The thing is....wasn't GB favored to win?

That’s irrelevant, I’m talking about the ridiculous swings of the games outcomes.

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

That is a lame rule. How are you suppose to dictate where you land on someone when after you have left you feet. They have taken this protecting the QB too far. It's just stupid!

He didn't get called for hitting after leaving his feet. He got called for taking a stride and a half after the ball was gone and then hitting Trubisky. It was a good call and dumb penalty by Matthews.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

What got overshadowed was the play of Mack. One of the best first halves I’ve ever seen by a D player. As what Rodgers was to the second half Mack was to the first half. Unreal. If I was a Bears fan I wouldn’t leave my seat when they are on D.

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Tabe said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

He didn't get called for hitting after leaving his feet. He got called for taking a stride and a half after the ball was gone and then hitting Trubisky. It was a good call and dumb penalty by Matthews.

OK, I was thinking of the penalty on the new rule where you can't land on the QB. That was a bad move on Matthews.

@Justacommeman said:
    What got overshadowed was the play of Mack. One of the best first halves I’ve ever seen by a D player. As what Rodgers was to the second half Mack was to the first half. Unreal. If I was a Bears fan I wouldn’t leave my seat when they are on D.

Mack was a beast. Any other QB besides Rodgers or Brady playing there and the Bears win that game.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

Exactly.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mack was a beast, no question. Their whole defensive front was. But that had to be one of the absolute worst halves of OL play I've ever seen. You had guys coming through untouched constantly. GB OL didn't have a clue what to do with Mack & co.

I wonder just how many people turned in for the night at halftime?

Fuller...even as a Green Bay fan, I kinda feel for the guy. Same for Trubisky. One game doesn't a season or career make, but I think the Bears might have something in year two with him. Not sure how his intermediate to deep ball game will develop, but dude can run, kinda slippery like.

Matthews. Man, dude got really, really lucky.

Rodgers ball to Geronimo to get the comeback rolling was sublime, one of the finest deep balls I've ever seen, delivered on the money, over 55 yards in the air into the corner of the endzone all the while being barely if at all unable to push off his plant leg. Rodgers is nuts.

Packers have had more than their fair share of doozy L's too for sure...1998 Young to TO (Rice fumbled, he really did), 2012 Seattle FAIL Mary, NFC Championship mega choke at Seattle, Larry Fitzgerald walking them off in the 2015 NFC divisional after A Rod Hail Mary part II. Of all the dramatics (for the W) I can remember as a Packer fan, these three stand out right now to me right now -- (1) The miracle comeback on the road v Dallas (sorry Dimeman). A Matt Flynn game (!!), A Rod broken collarbone I, and largely predicated on some shotty Dallas offensive play calling and the Romo picks. But GB was just so far gone in that game. (2) The Hail Mary walk-off in Detroit. A lot of luck goes into that play, but Rodgers throws that ball better than anyone I can remember (maybe ever???). Ball came down nearly vertical after going like 73 yards in the air. (3) Last night, 100th season opener v Bears, the most storied rivalry in the NFL.

Jeff

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2018 7:50PM

I'll stick with Brady over rodgers . Huge contract , highlight reel comeback then another season ending injury , its like a broken record with this guy

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

It's not a season ending injury. Probably a game time decision if Rodgers plays against the Vikes.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

@bronco2078 said:
    I'll stick with Brady over rodgers . Huge contract , highlight reel comeback then another season ending injury , its like a broken record with this guy

Agreed, I look at Rodgers the way I looked at Manning, he has good stats, likeable player blah blah blah but he is elite only during the regular season

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

Agreed, I look at Rodgers the way I looked at Manning, he has good stats, likeable player blah blah blah but he is elite only during the regular season

its worse than that though. Ever notice these things only happen in primetime? Rodgers wants to be the hero when its sunday night or monday night I think its his ego. Like he gets hurt right , then comes back out to the roar of the crowd and wins. Like he thinks its a TV show and he is the star.

Meanwhile its game one of the regular season , utterly pointless . He gets his hero worship , his spotlight time , then screws over his team for who knows how long. They literally can't win at all if he is out so he can torpedo an entire season just for his own ego.

Watch the guy in a press conference after game if they lose. He'd blame everyone else for the loss verbally too. The guy is a massive douche. No other QB throws a hail mary like this guy , and no other QB throws his team mates under the bus like this guy. If it was a loss he'd say some passive aggressive shit like well I did my best , but Clay Matthews lost it for us. :D

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

So coming out and playing the second half makes Rodgers a showboat. But not playing would show he doesn't support his team. Hard to satisfy some people. And make up imaginary interview "quotes" to "prove" that Rodgers really doesn't get along with his team.

Oh, and NFL football IS a TV show, and Rodgers IS a star. Duh.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

@ADG said:
    So coming out and playing the second half makes Rodgers a showboat. But not playing would show he doesn't support his team. Hard to satisfy some people. And make up imaginary interview "quotes" to "prove" that Rodgers really doesn't get along with his team.

Oh, and NFL football IS a TV show, and Rodgers IS a star. Duh.

thats how we roll around here :D