Home Sports Talk

Fantasy Football

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has my draft last night, my team is “Perk”. I went with heavy RB’s early and hoping my WR’s and Goff pan out ok. How did you guys who play make out?

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm not exactly the poster child for impartiality when saying this, but i like your Robinson pick. in my heart of hearts, i think he's going to have a good year. for once, the Bears have more than a dearth of talent at the skill positions on offense. couple that with the employment of a spread/West Coast mixture, and i predict that they are going to be able to move the ball with greater efficiency this season. and make no mistake -- once they get to the red zone, AR will definitely be the guy Mitch looks for.

oh, and as someone who has been burned to a crisp by Jordan Reed more times than i care to count, i sincerely hope you enjoy your 5 quarters of productivity.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally understand about Reed, I waited on TE and all the guys I was targeting were gone so I took a flyer on him, I mean he is due to have a somewhat healthy season?????? If he does stay on the field Zi figure Alex Smith could at least get the ball consistently to Kelce so Reed should get targeted a lot.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reed is fantasy equivalent of the Sirens singing from the rocks.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

If he's available, Njoku from Cleve may have a nice season. If not, Jared Cook is a nice insurance policy, too, as Gruden likes him a lot. If you are looking for another high risk, high reward option, Tyler Eifert from the Bengals may put up some nice numbers if he can remain on the field.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like elio is the front runner for picking omes II from the Chiefs.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

I've never done fantasy football, why are some of them just team names, Vikings, Steelers, etc. ?

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:
    I've never done fantasy football, why are some of them just team names, Vikings, Steelers, etc. ?

Team Defense. And I’m absolutely shocked you have never gone Fantasy Football lol

@grote15 said:
    If he's available, Njoku from Cleve may have a nice season. If not, Jared Cook is a nice insurance policy, too, as Gruden likes him a lot. If you are looking for another high risk, high reward option, Tyler Eifert from the Bengals may put up some nice numbers if he can remain on the field.

Tim both those guys were taken. Surprisingly most teams took 2 TE’s this year

Fantasy Football reminds me of Texas Hold ‘Em poker. When I started Fantasy Football back in 2000 nobody knew a thing about it and now it’s the most popular thing on the planet, same thing when I started playing Hold ‘Em nobody really played but now everyone’s a pro lol

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Fantasy Football reminds me of Texas Hold ‘Em poker. When I started Fantasy Football back in 2000 nobody knew a thing about it and now it’s the most popular thing on the planet, same thing when I started playing Hold ‘Em nobody really played but now everyone’s a pro lol

I took 20 years off and played last year. It was a blast. Plus I won. All the better. We draft tomorrow. I’ve done over a 150 mock drafts leading up to tomorrow. I’m ready

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@1970s said:
    I've never done fantasy football either. My fantasies are directed towards other contact sports. B)

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Looking forward to the start of the season but already I got questions. Drake or Henry should be in my lineup? I’m going with Drake but second guessing it. It’s Miami vs Tennessee

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

My draft is tomorrow. It follows an auction format - worth trying. We did snake for years but auction is more fun: if you want someone bad enough, they’re yours.

Let’s face it - whether you pick 1st or 12th, you know you’ll never have a shot at certain guys. You have a chance at EVERY guy in an auction.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

I’ve thought of the Auction draft, it definitely sounds like it would put a fun spin on it. Keeper leagues is another thing that would switch it up but definitely the Auction sounds better

@perkdog

Best part is if not many (or even better, any) in your league have done it before, it will be a level playing field.

I can also say I would never go back. It’s just much more fun and it really comes down to the player pool. You can have anyone you want, not just who is available when you pick. And let’s face it - there someon in EVERY league who cries about where they pick when the draft order comes out in a football league. Without fail.

(Been guilty myself)

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

In our leagues we actually pick the draft order around the 4th of July. The way we do it is we put 12 names in a hat and pick them, write them down then numbers 1-12 in a hat and pick them out. The first number goes to the first name picked out of the hat and so on. It’s very fair, no one ever questions it but yea people do get annoyed if they don’t get a high pick but it’s never an issue

@perkdog said:
    In our leagues we actually pick the draft order around the 4th of July. The way we do it is we put 12 names in a hat and pick them, write them down then numbers 1-12 in a hat and pick them out. The first number goes to the first name picked out of the hat and so on. It’s very fair, no one ever questions it but yea people do get annoyed if they don’t get a high pick but it’s never an issue

Meant more like...

I pick 8? That picks sucks! All the good blanks and blanks are gone by then...

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@perkdog said:

Meant more like...

I pick 8? That picks sucks! All the good blanks and blanks are gone by then...

Oh agreed 1000000% lol

question about Rex Burkhead for the NE devotees up in here....

is the knee good to go? is he gonna get spoon-fed beyond the norm with Edelman out, or is Bill gonna divvy up the touches among all backs?

i'm prepared to roll with RB as my RB2 in week 1 of my $$$ league, but i wanted to read what you guys are hearing

Honestly I would stay away from any Pats RB. One week Burky will get 50 plays then the next week it will be 0 with James white getting 50 and so on. As far as his knee goes, only Belichek and his medical staff know the truth on that

Ten man PPR league with flex and 3 WR’s. Receptions are big

I picked #6 which I loved. The roster

Week one starters

QB Rogers
    RB Kamara
    RB Mixon
    WR K. Allen
    WR Thielan
    WR C Davis
    Flex A.Collins
    TE Ingram
    D Denver
    K Butler

Bench

QB Luck
    RB Cohen
    RB Bernard in case Mixon goes down
    RB Breida with McKinnon out.
    WR Fuller
    WR Kupp

Outstanding team Mark, 10 man leagues are fun and the talent definitely gets spread around. For me personally I won’t do anything other than a 12 man league, it’s much more challenging.

Nice lineup, Mark! Kamara should be a beast in a PPR league.

Here is my most recent lineup in a 12-team, PPR league. I drafted 3rd and chose DJ.

QB Newton
    WR T. Hill (Darin better be right about Mahomes getting the ball downfield)
    WR Diggs
    RB Johnson
    RB Ajayi
    TE Rudolph
    Flex Agholor (with Jeffery out for now)
    K Butker
    Def Minnesota

Bench

RB C. Thompson
    WR Jeffery
    RB A. Jones
    QB Prescott (in honor of DM)
    WR K. Cole
    TE Clay

SteveK, I hope Ajayi runs the ball well this season.

@Perk I agree with you about 12 man leagues.

@grote I like that team. I hope Cam is the Cam of old and not the Cam of last year

m

edited September 4, 2018 9:37PM

@Justacommeman said:
    @Perk I agree with you about 12 man leagues.

@grote I like that team. I hope Cam is the Cam of old and not the Cam of last year

m

Believe it or not, Cam was second overall after Russell Wilson among QBs in fantasy scoring last season. That said, I'd like to see him put up 2016 numbers again and I like the players around him.

edited September 4, 2018 9:46PM

I had Cam last year and he sucked. I picked up Watson early in the year and benched Cam. When Watson when down I tried Cam again and it was feast or famine. Mostly famine. I traded him for a box of Grape Nuts. I won the championship with Goff and Bortles and picking/guessing the right weeks to play them. I had the luxury of Gordon/ Hunt/ Kamara and D Lewis at RB and flex. Just needed consistancy at QB. Last year was rough for QB’s. The only reason I got Rogers this year was that he fell to me in the 4th round pick #35

mark

edited September 4, 2018 9:58PM

Were you in a standard scoring league that awards points for rushing and passing for QBs, Mark? The 750+ yards rushing and 6 rushing TDs helped offset the more mediocre passing totals to vault him into the second for season scoring in 2017.

Of course, a dud in the wrong week will kill you and he had some rough games down the stretch, too. I'm hoping for more 2016 than 2017.

I have Russell Wilson and Brady in my other two leagues. Wilson was the top QB in fantasy last year and I'm hoping for a repeat of that.

I’m rooting for Newton to get Funchess the ball!

Auction Results

Wow Barkley went high huh? Homer pick? Or do you think he will be Elite? I was looking for him at 10 but he was long gone

@perkdog said:
    Wow Barkley went high huh?

I guess my answer would be I think he went for what he was supposed to (or at least I hope he did). I’m not someone who spends hours in preparation anymore (I did when so was younger) but the ESPN software had him listed as the fifth pick. I think he ended up as the 6th or 7th most expensive player purchased. So that lines up about right.

Homer pick?

Yes. To be honest, I did not really want to draft him but the price was right and I took the risk because I’ll be watching him every Sunday anyway.

Or do you think he will be Elite?

I wouldn’t have the first clue. I do not watch College Football (gasp). However, from what many unbiased reporters said going into the draft - before the Giants took him - is that he was one of the best (if not the best) players in the draft overall. The Giants have turned over more than 50 percent of their roster at this point, they have a new GM, a new head coach, a new OC/DC, a new LT, LG, C, RG, RT which would be awful except the line could literally only have gotten worse if they plucked guys from this board. And I know Nate Solder can play LT. I don’t like Odell one bit but I’m not foolish enough to deny his talent which is substantial. The tight end, Evan Ingram, is solid. Sterling Shepherd is solid. And then there’s Eli...

...who despite what some may think is a Hall of Fame quarterback. Since I have believed in him since day one, I have never been surprised by his greatness. Those who hate him will always have hate for him and can’t see it when it is slapping them all about the face and neck. His critics have tried to shovel dirt on him since the day he replaced Kurt Warner. Even with the two championship runs people fail to give the man his due. It’s all good, too - another case of misleading statistics. So, I think he’s going to be just fine at quarterback for the New York Football Giants in 2018.

I was looking for him at 10 but he was long gone

What pick was he taken? I didn’t see your team, Perkdog. I’ll recheck after I post...

@perkdog said:

Has my draft last night, my team is “Perk”. I went with heavy RB’s early and hoping my WR’s and Goff pan out ok. How did you guys who play make out?

What’s up with the QB position in your league? Set to score no points?

edited September 5, 2018 7:20AM

QB’s in our league get 1 point per 25 yards passing and 6 pointsgor TD. After Rodgers and Brady go then they hold off for awhile while RB’s and WR’s get scooped up. Every year I go with WR’s and suffer with a lack of RB’s so I got drunk and grabbed RB’s the first 4 picks. Barkley went 4th or 5th overall. I waited way too long on QB but am happy with Goff, I think the Rams will be legit this year

Goff is solid. Nice team

I'm lovin' Tyreek Hill. That's all I wanted to say.

He is a BEAST Tim

edited September 13, 2018 2:11PM

Who do I start between Geronimo Allison or Quincy Enunwa?

@grote15 said:
    Nice lineup, Mark! Kamara should be a beast in a PPR league.

Here is my most recent lineup in a 12-team, PPR league. I drafted 3rd and chose DJ.

QB Newton
    WR T. Hill (Darin better be right about Mahomes getting the ball downfield)
    WR Diggs
    RB Johnson
    RB Ajayi
    TE Rudolph
    Flex Agholor (with Jeffery out for now)
    K Butker
    Def Minnesota

Bench

RB C. Thompson
    WR Jeffery
    RB A. Jones
    QB Prescott (in honor of DM)
    WR K. Cole
    TE Clay

Grote- Did you have Tyreek for week 1? First time he touched the ball he ran a punt back 91 yards.
    And he also had 169 receiving yards and two more touchdowns. I wonder how many fantasy points all that was worth.
    He did an interview with Deion Sanders in which he said its going to be incredible the numbers that
    he and Mahomes are going to put up this year. LOL.
    Its just a shame neither perk, you, or Mark have Mahomes.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

Oh Grote sorry, I just now realized your post was before the first game.
    So Tyreek worked out pretty well that game, huh.LOL

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

@perkdog said:
    Who do I start between Geronimo Allison or Quincy Enunwa?

Anyone? Lol

edited December 19, 2018 7:41AM

i'm in the champ game in both of my make-believe football leagues, and i'm the u-dog in both.

in honor of one of my locked and loaded adversaries, mr. @thenavarro, i'm going to channel my inner Lou Holtz here.

good golly gee with my opponenth are tho good. my teamth have abtholutely no bithneth being on the thame field! but thath ok men. put on thoth gosh darn thoulder padth and dad gum jock thraps and get out there! faith your adverthity head on! don't run away from your pwoblemth!

Good luck Galaxy! I lost in the first round from that stupid garbage TD by Dalvin Cook on the Monday night game 🤬

@perkdog said:

Good luck Galaxy! I lost in the first round from that stupid garbage TD by Dalvin Cook on the Monday night game 🤬

thanks p-dog. that game was so bizarre -- i remember absolutely nothing happening for 3 quarters, then all hell broke loose

@Darin said:
    Looks like elio is the front runner for picking omes II from the Chiefs.

Congrats elio, of course you should have picked Mahomes sooner, but well done sir!

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

Galaxy27,

Good luck. One of my usual point machines, Gurley, might be either severely limited or on the bench. Am entertaining the thought of benching him in favor of Jamaal Williams but haven't decided yet. Also thinking of benching Robert Woods in favor of Stefon Diggs so you very well might end up being the beneficiary of some stupid decisions lol

Buying US Presidential autographs

Just benched Gurley in favor of Williams. Gurley wasn't scheduled until 3 PM Sun and his status is to be determined in warmups supposedly so I can't take the risk of zero points. Ill take the 8 from Jamaal Sunday noon. Now watch, Gurley will play and score like 60 lol

im at Jerryworld watching the state championship games, but i'll be keeping an eye on Derrick Henry and the Titans D via my phone. i wonder how many times im going to yell shit at the top of my lungs in front of thousands?

gl Mike!

@galaxy27 said:
    im at Jerryworld watching the state championship games, but i'll be keeping an eye on Derrick Henry and the Titans D via my phone. i wonder how many times im going to yell shit at the top of my lungs in front of thousands?

gl Mike!

)

Did you see the Duncanville game? Heard it came down to a hail mary.

Just put Gurley back in and benched my noon back so I'm in trouble if Gurley doesn't play.

Dance with the ones that brung ya lol

Mike