Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Parsippany?

philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a Parsippany show tomorrow or perhaps next week as this is Labor Day weekend?

Thanks,
Edward

He who knows he has enough is rich.

Comments

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

it is on but sorry I don’t work on holiday shows so I will not be setting up. We will be back in Oct

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Albany is next weekend I heard. I was at the Stormville flea market today then stopped at the Fishkill flea market and checked out Valentino's inventory, no great shakes...

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am originally from Albany, NY now a NJ native. Are you talking about the Polish Community Center show?

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, next weekend right?

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe so. I do plan on going

may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will all the dealers leave before noon again ?
    Please let me know before I waste gas and tolls to get there.

Nah, I'm not going.
    Fool me once...

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dated a girl that was from Lake Hiawatha when I was in college.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KindaNewish said:
    Will all the dealers leave before noon again ?
    Please let me know before I waste gas and tolls to get there.

Nah, I'm not going.
    Fool me once...

I can’t imagine not being willing to wake up as early as necessary to attend a show I want to attend. I also can’t imagine expecting dealers to change their schedules because I want to sleep in. But that’s just me.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hallco said:

Interesting do you remember her name? Did you show her your coin collection?

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Soldi said:

@Hallco said:

Interesting do you remember her name? Did you show her your coin collection?

I do remember her name and also remember that I showed her a lot of things...but don't think I had a numismatic interest at that point in my life! ;)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Albany is 50 miles north of my location...Will be flying out of the Albany airport in a week... for Phoenix, AZ.....Fun in the sun....not that there is any lack of sun here...I just need some AZ time... I have a great friend there, so lots of good conversation and food... and a touch of Cabernet ;) ....might miss a few days here though... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hallco said:

I dated a girl named Hiawatha when I was in the service.

• Options
    TaurusTaurus Posts: 27 ✭✭

@ricko said:
    Albany is 50 miles north of my location...Will be flying out of the Albany airport in a week... for Phoenix, AZ.....Fun in the sun....not that there is any lack of sun here...I just need some AZ time...

Have a great time ricko! I'll be using the same airport on my way to Denver, CO in a couple of weeks. And if you're 50 south of Albany, I'm 150 miles north of you.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2018 7:36AM

@Hallco said:

Back in the 70's North Beverwyck Rd was the place to pick up a drag race. Find your competition and take it out to Rt.46. Had my '72 GTO at the time.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

OK... another northern New Yorker....People (from other parts of the country) do not realize how big NYS is, and that most of it is rural. They all think of NYC. When I was relocating to NYS from WA, someone asked me "Why do you want to live in a big city like NY?" I had to explain the difference between NYC and NYS. :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited September 2, 2018 7:46AM

@ricko said:
    OK... another northern New Yorker....

Not exactly a New Yorker but I'm close. New York is vast and beautiful, almost wild in places. All you have to do is drive almost due West from Albany until you reach Ohio or PA and you'll see what I mean.

• Options

Indeed.... There are places in the Adirondacks where you could be dropped and be fifty miles from any road....I hunted that area years ago. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JGDcoinsJGDcoins Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

So is it next week? I havent been to the parsip show in a few months. Try to get there usually for 815-830ish and its usually half dead by 12. Summer time is done and coin activites should be picking up for the fall and winter months anyway

• Options

Every time I'm near Champlain and look West I'm awed by the beauty of the Adirondacks, they're just a bit higher than the Greens.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    OK... another northern New Yorker....People (from other parts of the country) do not realize how big NYS is, and that most of it is rural. They all think of NYC. When I was relocating to NYS from WA, someone asked me "Why do you want to live in a big city like NY?" I had to explain the difference between NYC and NYS. :D Cheers, RickO

Many people,especially in the Western states, think NYC is the capital of New York.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file