Home Metal Detecting

Ike #2 for 2018

Had about 20 yards to finish on this practice football field that I've been working on off and on. The last coin I found was an Ike. I hadn't found one in over 10 years and found one last month and then another today. They are a lot bigger coming out of the ground than quarters ;)

Comments

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭

seems like things come in clusters. Congrats PPC! must be a bit of a shock seeing something that large come out

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... finding an Ike is surprising...that is a big coin... Congratulations...Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

way coool

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

That practice football field got used by refs perhaps.
    "Heads or tails?"

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay, "sweet" !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2018 5:23PM

@Swampboy said:
    That practice football field got used by refs perhaps.
    "Heads or tails?"

That's exactly what I thought too. BTW it was a bicentennial one

Finding 'BIG silver' is always a thrill... even if it was a clad Ike... I always like the big coins... They just feel so 'satisfying' in hand... Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always nice to see a 90's vdi and a high tone saying "dig me up". I am going to do a new yard tomorrow late 1700's early 1800's. Yeah I'm jazzed. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

Best of luck Roy... I hope you find a Morgan....Cheers, RickO

• DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

My club burys painted Ike dollars every year and gives clues at the meeting each month. If you recover one you turn it in at the next meeting for a SILVER dollar. I got one this year.
    The only Ike I've dug in the wild was a Bicentenial back in May 2005. its been my pocket piece ever since.

That is great... finding those big coins is fun.... that club exercise sounds like a good time...Cheers, RickO

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one that I think I never dug

Frank

BHNC #203

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never found a "Big" dollar in the ground. Yet!

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some day I would like to find a 90% silver dollar o:)