Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Shows this week, who's going?

CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
edited August 21, 2018 12:21PM in U.S. Coin Forum

This weekend we will be in Dalton GA helping out the Blue Ridge Numismatic Association with their Benefit Auction. The 10% buyer's premium goes to the BRNA, its an online only auction and this is the first one for BRNA. If you are in the area stop by and say hi, check out the lots, educational talks, lectures....

">

CoinZip conducts Benefit Auctions for coin clubs, held in conjunction with the clubs coin show(s). Members of the club have the opportunity to consign coins, currency or exonumia for the online auction. Consignors receive 100% of the winning bid price for their items. High bidders pay a 10% buyer’s premium which benefits the club.

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

Comments

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will have my first table at Dalton.
    Please come see me at table 409.
    I will have some nice Peace and Morgan dollars,Walking Liberty halves, high grade 8 reales plus other cool items.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

3.5 hours each way to Spirit Lake but it sure is tempting... We will see!

• ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MorganMan94 said:
    3.5 hours each way to Spirit Lake but it sure is tempting... We will see!

It's not the largest of shows, but the dealer quality is above average (in Midwest terms). I like the Spirit Lake show and have had both great hunting days, and days where I could hardly find anything there. As much as I'd like to get up there this Saturday, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

none here this week, im waiting for the hartford show in cromwell ct though, i seem to like that one and the auburn ma show

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I have permission to go to Dalton Saturday. >:)

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2018 12:59PM

We'll be at BRNA-Dalton for about the 10th time with lots of nicely toned Lincolns, Morgan and Peace dollars, 8 Reales, and U.S. type. Table L6, turn left as you enter the hall, we're against the front wall. Check our website (link below) for the kind of material we offer.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking I'll get to the Arcadia, CA show...you know, if the wife makes me leave the house. ;)

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to go to Dalton, but it is up in the air for now.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinZip
    Looks like some nice items in the auction, there sure are a lot of Hobo Nickels. :smile:
    thanks for posting.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once again, none in my area... So please, those attending, provide show reports. <3 Cheers, RickO

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to make it up to the Dalton show one of these times, same state and all...I don't make it to the monthly in Cobb/Atlanta at all though either though.

• RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna try to head out to the JeffCo show near me on Saturday.

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinZip, it was a pleasure meeting you at the show. I wish I could have hung around to bid on that art bar with the 10 Commandments tablets that my wife was interested in. I hope the show was worth your while and hope the BRNA made out as well.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file