Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I have a new U.S. Coin Forum goal.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been around for awhile and tried to educate, entertain, defend and engage other members in Numismatic endeavors. I realize that along the way I have also offended a few. Some of them are gone, either banned, moved on due to boredom or, sadly, deceased. My efforts have not been for naught since I count many of my "adversaries" as friends, cohorts and partners in crime. We have learned from each other and swapped Coins and Exonumia among ourselves, sometimes for money and sometimes not.

I think I still have some gas in the tank. I'm only 63 and in good health that can only be accounted for by coming from a good gene pool because I have led a sometimes raucous lifestyle. I hope I can accomplish some of my collecting goals, I hope I can help others here find the excitement I still have for the Hobby. I hope I can educate when I the chance. I also want to do something else.

I want to be as disagreeable as Insider2. He is trouncing me and I don't even think the guy is that bad. :)

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dave99B said:
    I want to be as disagreeable as Insider2

Good luck!

Dave

You have to cry as much as he does if you want that title. :)

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Good luck !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything new going on in your life that brought on this post?

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    TB3, you're so nice I can't stand it. ;)

LOL or agree.. I am not sure which is more fitting for this statement.

• Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its what this forum is really all about - sharing experiences, the good, the bad, the ugly. Glad you're going to continue posting, Al
    Hopefully we all remeber that in the grand scheme, this is all just entertainment.

• Options

Anything new going on in your life that brought on this post

just the mania that has swept the forum in the past few days. I find myself laughing, at times hysterically. I think it's been building across us all as the summer Numismatic doldrums have set in and really, really substantive coin threads are tough to come by. so I need a new goal and Insider2 has provided it. I shall endeavor to acquire more "Disagree" 's than him.

so many he'll look like Timbuk3 in comparison!!!

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

just the mania that has swept the forum in the past few days. I find myself laughing, at times hysterically. I think it's been building across us all as the summer Numismatic doldrums have set in and really, really substantive coin threads are tough to come by. so I need a new goal and Insider2 has provided it. I shall endeavor to acquire more "Disagree" 's than him.

The first sign of mania?
    Laughing hysterically to your self.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

I don't see how you can possibly catch him.

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really enjoy seeing bunnies on my walks. My wife has a different view of them. She calls them “ the bread of the forest.”

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2018 3:19PM

@keets

Which is it? Either you are rabbit "whisperer" or you smelled like a cabbage? :)

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time don't fly, it bounds and leaps.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MorganMan94 said:

@keets said:
    TB3, you're so nice I can't stand it. ;)

LOL or agree.. I am not sure which is more fitting for this statement.

:) !!!

• Options

As a goodwill gesture, I have decided to honor your request here.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m trying to help you as much as I can there buddy. :)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

@Oil2Olay said:
    As a goodwill gesture, I have decided to honor your request here.

How about telling us what you collect, for how long, and what your Star Wars icon represents.

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    @keets

Which is it? Either you are rabbit "whisperer" or you smelled like a cabbage? :)

I think the rabbit whispered to him, saying "it's me @Paradisefound, please can you erase my disagrees?" :)

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2018 4:48PM

Whew we are all now doomed... As Nostradamus predicted the beginning of the apocalypse would occur on the day that keets was to mention his gene pool was good :s;)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    @keets said: "I've been around for awhile and tried to educate, entertain, defend and engage other members in Numismatic endeavors. I realize that along the way I have also offended a few. Some of them are gone, either banned, moved on due to boredom or, sadly, deceased. My efforts have not been for naught since I count many of my "adversaries" as friends, cohorts and partners in crime. We have learned from each other and swapped Coins and Exonumia among ourselves, sometimes for money and sometimes not.

I think I still have some gas in the tank. I'm only 63 and in good health that can only be accounted for by coming from a good gene pool because I have led a sometimes raucous lifestyle. I hope I can accomplish some of my collecting goals, I hope I can help others here find the excitement I still have for the Hobby. I hope I can educate when I the chance. I also want to do something else..."

When I got this far, I had a tear in my eye :'( and was going to post some encouragement <3 and good wishes o:) - something that might have come from the mouth of Mr. Rogers...

...Then, I read this nonsense: "I want to be as disagreeable as Insider2."

LOL, You have set an impossible goal for yourself. I was raised by wolves. Mr. Hanson has a better shot of reaching his goal. I will say this, it may be possible to get close but you'll need ten more years of life experiences.. :wink:

You are one funny guy :D

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets Focus on pumping up your word count in your posts and ramp up your posting frequency. By doing this, you’ll compete just fine.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2018 8:16PM

keets it sound like you were a Soggy Bottom Boy in your last life

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2018 6:25PM

I don't see how you can possibly catch him

astoundingly I am now up to 1.1k.

as Insider2 has mentioned, I am also curious what the Oily one collects??

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets

Posting pictures of little bunnies on the side walk is close to conceding defeat.

Bring your A game. You need to dot the I in Ohio with intensity.

Own it.

Make it happen.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    I don't see how you can possibly catch him

astoundingly I am now up to 1.1k.

Actually, you might be able to declare victory. You have 1.1k disagrees and only 960 agrees. Insider actually has 1.9k disagrees and 2.1k agrees. So, your disagree/agree ratio puts you over the top.

• Options

well, I tried to catch a bunny but they are quick. I'll probably have dreams about "Watership Down" which will be OK as long as it's not Bigwig.

• Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

one thing about it is some one gives you a disagree now you wont even notice how could you

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

May want to check out the I.O.O.B.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1940coupe said:
    one thing about it is some one gives you a disagree now you wont even notice how could you

I love how he has embraced his new role. While Insider cries and cries, keets owns it.

• Options

Psychologically interesting. They hand out disagrees and you egg them on and then they realize you are becoming a part of CU folk lore. Next they will be burning dare I say it MidnightOil to take them away.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

How cute! I always uh and ah on baby animals <3

@keets said:
    well, this tears it...........................

• Options

:D its not gonna work! He's not erasing your disagrees.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets.... Hey Al, you are getting complimentary disagrees....That is cool, did not even think of that....Leave it to you buddy, to turn a negative into a positive... :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options

I used to love bunnies. Now, I want to shoot them. I have two 140-pound Newfoundlands. When they see a rabbit they want to chase it and I'm getting too old to hold them back and still keep my shoulders in their sockets.

• Options

I hate animals that misbehave - even when it is something that comes naturally to them. As a child, we had a Great Dane that was virtually "voice actavited." He would heel or stop on a dime anytime. We could not break his habit of chewing on the French doors when we left him alone in the house. Looking back that is a sad thing to do to a loving pet. There are photos of me walking him when I was shorter that he was. Do you think your dogs are too old to be trained to obey you?

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

just wait a bit until these baby rabbits do what they do instinctively several times a year.... make baby rabbits...sometimes more than 3 at a time...as the saying goes.....multiply like rabbits... :D
    what are you going to do then? (they might replace your lawn mower with rabbit droppings...

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2018 8:37AM

LOL. Rabbit Stew? If I lived there I'd be feeding them so the didn't eat my flowers.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 21, 2018 9:58AM

It's always hard to train an old dog ;)

*updated to replace creepy pix

@Insider2 said:

......Do you think your dogs are too old to be trained to obey you?

• Options

@Paradisefound said:

@Insider2 said:

......Do you think your dogs are too old to be trained to obey you?

LOL That picture is creepy AF! :D

• Options

@Insider2 said:
    I hate animals that misbehave - even when it is something that comes naturally to them. As a child, we had a Great Dane that was virtually "voice actavited." He would heel or stop on a dime anytime. We could not break his habit of chewing on the French doors when we left him alone in the house. Looking back that is a sad thing to do to a loving pet. There are photos of me walking him when I was shorter that he was. Do you think your dogs are too old to be trained to obey you?

My dogs obey me. They also want to chase rabbits. LOL. If I tell them to stop, they stop. On the other hand (since you like caps) DO YOU THINK YOU CAN SEE THE RABBIT BEFORE THE DOGS DO? If not, YOUR 1ST CLUE that there is a RABBIT is going to be the tug at the end of your arm.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Paradisefound said:

*updated to replace creepy pix

I always wondered what @INSIDER2 looked like. That's pretty much how I pictured him, only with more of a snarl.

Actually the side view is really close except my white hair is thick and curly. Additionally, after wearing a coat & tie in school every day for six years, one of my goals in life was met as now I only dress up when I wish.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    @keets said: "I've been around for awhile and tried to educate, entertain, defend and engage other members in Numismatic endeavors. I realize that along the way I have also offended a few. Some of them are gone, either banned, moved on due to boredom or, sadly, deceased. My efforts have not been for naught since I count many of my "adversaries" as friends, cohorts and partners in crime. We have learned from each other and swapped Coins and Exonumia among ourselves, sometimes for money and sometimes not.

I think I still have some gas in the tank. I'm only 63 and in good health that can only be accounted for by coming from a good gene pool because I have led a sometimes raucous lifestyle. I hope I can accomplish some of my collecting goals, I hope I can help others here find the excitement I still have for the Hobby. I hope I can educate when I the chance. I also want to do something else..."

When I got this far, I had a tear in my eye :'( and was going to post some encouragement <3 and good wishes o:) - something that might have come from the mouth of Mr. Rogers...

...Then, I read this nonsense: "I want to be as disagreeable as Insider2."

LOL, You have set an impossible goal for yourself. I was raised by wolves. Mr. Hanson has a better shot of reaching his goal. I will say this, it may be possible to get close but you'll need ten more years of life experiences.. :wink:

My favorite saying, that I made up:

I was nice once.
    I remember it, it was a Tuesday.
    But I didn't enjoy the experience.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

@keets said:
    they have been with us for at least three years now, they tend to nest in the flower beds around the house for safety since we are sort of rural. that's not a problem since animals by nature spread out to find their own territory and we have plenty of open, livable land arouns us.

but let's get back to the work at hand, I still need around 900 "Disagree" clicks and evidently the Oily guy is asleep at the switch, has moved on to greener pastures or is himself a hypocrite.

I actually started to like you and your "Screw You" attitude. I stopped at 1000, and will let someone else take the torch from here. I did also notice that you do not kiss the Butt of the bragger/money-bag collector who the minions worship around here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file