Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Has anyone here experienced this with PMG ?

Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've submitted all of my currencies for grading to PCGS. I recently joined PMG just to compare services, cost, accuracy, etc. Well, it's been 15 days since I've joined them and I haven't received anything from them. No instructions, submission form, nothing. I hope their submission timeline is acceptable, or I'll have to wait a year or longer to get my submissions back !!! :s

Any thoughts ?

Thanks !!! :)

Timbuk3

Comments

• USAFRETWIUSAFRETWI Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited July 4, 2018 9:16PM

I didn’t get anything either, you get the submission forms online.

They were fast on my standard submission, back to me ahead of schedule.

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@Timbuk3 said:
    I've submitted all of my currencies for grading to PCGS. I recently joined PMG just to compare services, cost, accuracy, etc. Well, it's been 15 days since I've joined them and I haven't received anything from them. No instructions, submission form, nothing. I hope their submission timeline is acceptable, or I'll have to wait a year or longer to get my submissions back !!! :s

Any thoughts ?

Thanks !!! :)

call them up and ask about your membership...ask how long their voucher submissions will take...why ask the forum when you can get the most accurate answer with a 5 minute phone call to the source of your concern?

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay, received it today !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • You will like them, they are very good. All forms are available online and you can follow your submissions there too.

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't get a voucher but credit on my account for future submissions. I love PMG's status page about how far your items have progressed - PCGS just seemed to be a black hole

• jmbjmb Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

:) !!!

Submitted (10) items to PMG for grading on 7/09/18, they received it on 7/13/18. Crossing my fingers on the turn-around time !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • kidrootbeerkidrootbeer Posts: 20
    edited July 24, 2018 9:07PM

Here's a True Story, just for fun... a client happened upon an old Teller's Book, with some heavily foxed NH Bank Proof Obsoletes still pasted inside. These were just plain nastiness on India paper. I salvaged what I could; the foxing was so bad that a 25% bleach solution was ultimately used. The notes turned snow white, but the foxing "skeletons" had disappeared. I told the client to cross his fingers and send them in (nevermind to who). A YEAR later they came back (and that after several phone calls). They came back as REPRINTS. Thoroughly fed-up, I called the company and made my way to the President. Nicely, I asked how many people had looked at the notes for certification, and What.The.Hell. The President said that he thought that they were reproductions, even though no Genuine examples of the notes existed. I asked him "where are the plates?"-he didn't know. I told him that they were rescued from a Teller's Book (but not how). He asked if he could take them to the St. Louis Currency show, for opinions. The notes were sent back. A week after the show, I called the President. "Well", he said, "I convened an ad hoc Round Table of (names withheld to protect, something) with Tom and Q.D."-the only New England dealers. All the others said that they were reprints, except for Tom and Q.D., who unequivocally stated that they were Unique Proofs. The President told me that then that the discussion became protracted, until Q.D. told the President to tell (me) that he would pay XXXX/note. "So, why are we even having this discussion?" I asked him, and told him that he could send the notes right along and I would catch-up with Q.D. later. "So, I guess that you'll be changing the labels?" I asked. "Uh, no... they have to stay that way" he said. "We can't change our mind once the note(s) is/are certified." He was really 'hung-up' on the paper, as the notes looked brand new. I told him what I did to the notes. "Oh, THAT explains it! We (the non-New England Round table guys) had never seen paper like that before." Uh huh. True story.

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2018 6:43AM

Cool story.

Why did it take a year to have the note graded ? That’s not typical, regardless of the TPG.

• mbwhizkid: It took a year because they had no idea about them, and put them on a "back burner", and pretty much forgot about them until we called

• CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@teddysmith1952 said:

@Timbuk3 said:
    Submitted (10) items to PMG for grading on 7/09/18, they received it on 7/13/18. Crossing my fingers on the turn-around time !!! :)

Hey Tim. Can you post pictures of the notes submitted? And when they return from grading? Many thanks.

+1

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

Got my results posted today. Submitted (10) modern radar notes, economy level just to test the water. I should be receiving them in hand by next week. I'm very pleased with the results and turnaround time. Now I feel much more comfortable in submitting my better notes !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • jmbjmb Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

:) !!!

Sorry, my bad. They were sold as soon as I received them and weren't able to take any pictures !!! :(

Timbuk3

PM sent to teddysmith1952 !!! :)

Timbuk3