Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

New Jumbo Holder

miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did anyone here who went to the National go check out the new PSA jumbo holders?

https://psacard.com/articles/articleview/9621/psa-launches-new-jumbo-holders-encapsulate-photos-documents?utm_source=PSA&utm_medium=spotlight&utm_content=jumbo_holder_2018

Curious to hear opinions of them if anyone held one in person yet. There are a lot of panels and other oversized items that have been trimmed down over the years due to there not being a large enough holder beyond just the supersize holder, just to get them labeled as Authentic when subbing to PSA for grading. I am excited that the long wait for this larger size is over.

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't sound like they're being offered for card panels/sheets, only autograph and photo authentication? I have some larger card items I'm hoping they will offer this size for.

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they would start grading and encapsulating Rack Packs!!

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the above is great news, thanks miwlvrn. Here is the writeup:

New product line provides collectors with secure way to preserve larger items

Newport Beach, California (August 2, 2018) – Professional Sports Authenticator (www.PSAcard.com) is launching a new line of oversized, encapsulated “jumbo holders” to not only assist collectors with preserving and authenticating signed and unsigned original photos, but also important documents boasting signatures and historical significance. PSA officials, who understand that collectors often have more than trading cards within their prized collections, will debut the company’s newest product line at the 2018 National Sports Collectors Convention (NSCC) in Cleveland, which takes place from August 1 through 5 at the International Exhibition (I-X) Center.

“The new holders are being integrated into our autograph encapsulation and original photograph services,” said PSA President Steve Sloan. “They will enable us to encapsulate a wider variety of collectibles for collectors, specifically original photographs and autographed 8x10s.”

PSA will utilize its established red labels on all original photos, whether signed or unsigned. Autographed photos that are not classified as original photographs as well as autographed documents will receive PSA’s blue label. Depending on the content, the labels will include callouts ranging from photo genre and photo type to the primary signer’s name and an authentic designation. A unique certification number will be assigned to every photo holder and/or document holder encapsulation, and descriptions will be applied when appropriate.

The outer dimensions of each holder will be the same: 9.73” wide by 13.21” high by 0.322” thick. The insert sizes, however, will vary depending upon the item that is being encapsulated, and will include the standard inner size of 8.5” x 11” as well as 8.5” x 10.5,” 7.5” x 9.5” and 6.25” x 8.25.” The retail pricing for each encapsulation will be $30, not including the autograph authentication where applicable. However, a special introductory encapsulation rate of just $20 will be offered at the NSCC Show. For more information, please visit www.PSAcard.com/services and peruse the Autograph Encapsulation and Original Photo Authentication pages.

PSA is the world’s largest trading card, autograph and memorabilia authentication and grading service. Since 1991, PSA experts have examined and certified over 30 million collectibles with a combined value of over $1 billion. For more information, visit www.PSAcard.com.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Fingers crossed this expands to the card division.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

@ldferg said:
    Fingers crossed this expands to the card division.

Sammy concurs. He would looks so nice in a 7.5” x 9.5”

• Hello Everyone,

For the record, we can use the Jumbo Holder for more than just original photos, autographs and documents.

As long we grade the type of collectible, we can utilize the holder.

That includes card issues.

Take care,

Joe Orlando
    CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.

Joe Orlando

That's great news, thanks for chiming in to clarify!

• PopeyesSpinachPopeyesSpinach Posts: 194 ✭✭✭

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

@JoeOrlando said:

Hello Everyone,

For the record, we can use the Jumbo Holder for more than just original photos, autographs and documents.

Take care,

Joe Orlando

HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWINS ISSUE 1969 COLOR PHOTOS ROD CAREW !!!!

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeOrlando said:

Hello Everyone,

Take care,

Joe Orlando

That's great to hear, thanks Joe!

• 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2018 8:49AM

Joe-----Would they encapsulate the Dimanche Derniere 8.5" x 11" sports photos. They were issued over several years and included wrestlers, football players, and baseball players? Here is an Andre the Giant early in his career.

Previous post: "and will include the standard inner size of 8.5” x 11....”

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1966CUDA

If so that Andre just went up in value.

Is anyone else stocking up on tons of large format cards right now?

I hope so!!! I want to send it in if I can clarify that they will grade it.

@LarkinCollector said:

maybe

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

@JoeOrlando said:

Hello Everyone,

Take care,

Joe Orlando

So does that mean that PSA will now start grading the larger cards that they never graded before?

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@jradke4 said:

@JoeOrlando said:

Hello Everyone,

Take care,

Joe Orlando

So does that mean that PSA will now start grading the larger cards that they never graded before?

I don't think Star is an option bro. If that is what you meant.

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

@secretstash said:

@jradke4 said:

@JoeOrlando said:

Hello Everyone,

Take care,

Joe Orlando

I don't think Star is an option bro. If that is what you meant.

i wasn't thinking Star...but they have never graded the jumbo cards at all...so the big question is will they if they aren't Star Card products?

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if or how this will change the set registries? Will a lot of these be added to the master sets?

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

Buried somewhere I've got some of those 90's Donruss Football portrait ones. And some Studio baseball ones as well. And IIRC a 90's Score Will Clark one that came in a Score baseball card binder purchase.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@JoeOrlando said:

Hello Everyone,

Take care,

Joe Orlando

There will be many first time entries since the new holder. Hopefully they will be no "No INFO about this card"

@JBrules said:
    Will a lot of these be added to the master sets?

Absolutely.

• I received got a few premiums holdered by PSA in the new Jumbo Holder. Unfortunately, you really need a larger scanner (like an A3 scanner) to be able to scan the entire holder. Here are the ones I got holdered so folks have an idea of what it looks like. I'm very happy for the most part, and really like the new holders.

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing. I need to get my first order together.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

me > @wrestlingcardking said:

Thanks for sharing. I need to get my first order together.

me too

Those look great!

What was your PSA fees amount per card for those, with grading plus holdering?

• I used my Collectors Club voucher for this. There is still an additional surcharge on top of the voucher of $30 per item, so although the grading was free, the holdering was $30/card.

@CollectorAtWork said:
    I used my Collectors Club voucher for this. There is still an additional surcharge on top of the voucher of $30 per item, so although the grading was free, the holdering was $30/card.

Interesting idea to keep in mind, thanks!

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

There's a new quarterly special related to Jumbo autograph encapsulation that I'd like to take advantage of. Does anyone know if this is limited to a single sheet or could they do a thin program in the Jumbo holder? I have some autographed baseball programs from the 1950s that are much thinner than modern programs but definitely thicker than a photo or 8x10 sheet... If no one knows, I can shoot an email over to PSA and update here (not sure the folks on the phones would be able to answer this type of question...).

Jim