Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Coin Guy Needs Help with Currency

Hi all -

I have a couple of old NJ bank notes that have developed a problem. It looks like the reverse patterns are bleeding through to the front of the notes.
I store them in plastic sleeves as shown, which in turn are stored in a binder. They are packed in kind of tight, and the binder was wedged for years in my safe.
Are the sleeves or the storage method causing this? I have many other notes stored the same way with no ill effects, just these two.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

It is hard to tell from the photo, but those kind of look like PVC sleeves, which can cause damage long term. I do not know if that is what happened here or not though.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is an image of the reverses which show no issues:

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

They could have some pvc I suppose, but they do not have the soft greasy texture to them like pvc coin flips have. They are relatively stiff.

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

The super stiff ones are yucky PVC too

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

10563 New Burunswick has some really interesting designs, just can not stop staring at that - the more you looke, the more you see!

Thank you for sharing

• Options

Thanks synchr - maybe I will post the $3 note if I get time!