Coin Guy Needs Help with Currency

Hi all -

I have a couple of old NJ bank notes that have developed a problem. It looks like the reverse patterns are bleeding through to the front of the notes.
I store them in plastic sleeves as shown, which in turn are stored in a binder. They are packed in kind of tight, and the binder was wedged for years in my safe.
Are the sleeves or the storage method causing this? I have many other notes stored the same way with no ill effects, just these two.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Successful BST transactions with 133 members. Recent: silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, BAJJERFAN, Valenti151, GotTheBug, okiedude, jhdfla, LRCTom, ajaan, Raybo

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • element159element159 Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

It is hard to tell from the photo, but those kind of look like PVC sleeves, which can cause damage long term. I do not know if that is what happened here or not though.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is an image of the reverses which show no issues:

Successful BST transactions with 133 members. Recent: silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, BAJJERFAN, Valenti151, GotTheBug, okiedude, jhdfla, LRCTom, ajaan, Raybo

They could have some pvc I suppose, but they do not have the soft greasy texture to them like pvc coin flips have. They are relatively stiff.

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

The super stiff ones are yucky PVC too

• synchrsynchr Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

10563 New Burunswick has some really interesting designs, just can not stop staring at that - the more you looke, the more you see!

Thank you for sharing

Thanks synchr - maybe I will post the $3 note if I get time!