Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does anyone remember Littlewicher??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 19, 2018 7:17AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Whenever I think about some of our lost members and new arrivals I always smile when the name "Littlewicher" comes to memory. By my estimate he should be between 30-35 years old by now and I have wondered if he ever returned as an alt or even collects/collected coins.

For anyone new or old-timers who may have forgotten.................................
Littlewicher arrived here around 2002, shortly after I had become a member and quit lurking. He seemed to most members to be an inquisitive High School student and everyone tried to help. After perhaps two months he suddenly had a post count of over 10,000 and someone noticed that it had taken place almost overnight, probably on a weekend. So, let loose the forum dectective squad to figure things out!!! :)

It didn't take long. Apparently he had stayed up for a few nights and gone into the old testing forum and some of the more obscure forums that PCGS offered and would make a two-word post, regardless of what the discussion topic was; maybe some of the long-timers remember it --- I concur!!! Once it was exposed he really got the heat and that was the buzz term for awhile, it seemed like everyone concurred. Shortly thereafter the Littlewicher, I think his last name was Wicher and he lived in New Jersey or somewhere on the East Coast, posted a rambling paragraph or two that had something to do with a term paper he was writing and he was harangued unmercifully.

Eventually the moderators reset his post count and he was either banned or managed to slink away into immortality. Who knows, he's older now so maybe he's sitting in a bar reminiscing about us every night with Bongo-Bongo.

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember him, but not his posts.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

I concur!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

well, that took longer than I thought!! :p

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19, 2018 8:55AM

He's still here but hasn't posted since 2004.

https://forums.collectors.com/profile/littlewicher

Perhaps he is with Don Taxay.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Yes I remember "Little" when everybody
    was beating up on him. I guess he deserved
    it. Wonder if TDN is still mad at him ?

He's probably running a Fortune FiveHundred
    company by now.

My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gad @keets, that was a long time ago! But, yes: I remember. An olde time poster I'd like to see return is Dog97. As I recall he left for 5 or 6 years and then returned for just a little bit and has been gone now for what ... oh, maybe a decade? I enjoyed his posts.

Mark

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

I insincerely concur.

• Options

I remember Dog97. he was a smart guy even though he just collected coins with XX97 dates. what discipline!!

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dog97 was a character. Wore leather, road motorcycles cross country. Thoroughly nice guy.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're been here since 2002 @keets....How was it like the first decade of the millennium; fast forward to 2018 ?

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mustangmanbob said:
    I insincerely concur.

Well,...... I ... strenuously concur.

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    You're been here since 2002 @keets....How was it like the first decade of the millennium; fast forward to 2018 ?

Some people were "here" before they were "here." But only those who were here will know what I am talking about.

Doug
  • Options

really, you STRENUOUSLY concur!!???!!

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

Littlewicher was pretty active on the open forum and started to get under people's nerves at one point.

Eventually it came out that it had been an agreement with the admins that he could test the boundries, for some reason I recall it was actually a college student psych test or something weird like that.

It didn't go over well.

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW, Coincobbler was a better troll than 'wich.

Coincobbler was the best troll ever.

• Options
    RBB617RBB617 Posts: 497 ✭✭

Littlewicher - That brings me back to when I first joined the forums. I remember him taking some good beatings, but it didn't seem to phase him.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recall Littlewicher.... funny episode in forum history - Thanks for mentioning him Al... Also Dog97... really enjoyed his humor....and, to add one more to forum history.. Askari.... great guy with super coin knowledge. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

So...was "I concur" his catchphrase?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tutti fruitie oh Rudy! Before my time.... but a couple that I miss, (there are many) are Bear and BONGOBONGO!

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many good choices on Troll Island!

Doug

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file