Home Q & A Forum

How do you post a photo that will 'enlarge' when clicked on ?

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you post a photo that will 'enlarge' [magnify] when clicked on ?

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was waiting to read the answer here. :( Ask on CoinTalk Forum. There are a few photography buffs over there who have answers for everything.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm getting there,
    Not sure exactly how though :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

You got it. I just pushed the "Control Key" and then moved the little wheel on my mouse. LOL. I'm ignorant about computers. Actually that is not a laughing matter these days. :( Nevertheless...LOL!

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear @Insider2 can you please tell me in details? I am more ignorant than most about computers.
    Push the "Control Key" then move the little wheel? My mouse has no track wheel :/

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound
    I think in your case if you 'hover' the mouse pointer and see a 'hand'...click on the photo.....then click when the pointer changes to a 'magnifying glass with a plus sign'...tell us if that works for your computer. :smile:

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

BINGO
    @1630Boston said:

• RoscoRosco Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    @Paradisefound
    I think in your case if you 'hover' the mouse pointer and see a 'hand'...click on the photo.....then click when the pointer changes to a 'magnifying glass with a plus sign'...tell us if that works for your computer. :smile:

I know just enough to be dangerous...But I think it has to do with the "File size" of the upload
    to the forum, the large files get compressed by the software and build in the magnify feature
    in the new window ?? like the one above.
    There are many I click on / new window pops up, but no magnify feature available...dunno why...

@RogerB made a mention in another thread sometime back, for "Faster" loading of pictures to resize the
    picture, using ones edit feature (custom W x H) to 1000 Horz. from say 1024 H x 768V....don't change the vertical.
    I have done this and it absolutely loads much faster, and helps the thread populate quicker, but no magnify feature
    available ??
    Nice lookin Walker BTW.

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

When limiting image scale to 1000 pixels, there is not much point to magnifying anything - all you will see are bigger pixels. That is an inherent disadvantage of common digital images; the dots get bigger as you enlarge. An analog image has more generous resolution that is limited by the lens-film combination and grain size.

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

The photo or scan will only magnify if it is larger in size than what is already shown on the screen. In other words if the file is huge when uploaded it will magnify when clicked on. If the file size is small there will not be any magnification enabled.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)