Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT, Time Out, Just for fun...What is the craziest Warning label on a product you've seen?

Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

In 1972, the Hobby Protection Act was passed. Numismatics was a target so the law required the word "COPY" to be placed on replicas of coins. Hopefully, someone here can post an image before I do.

This law reminds me of the "warning labels" we now find on many products. Do you have any funny warnings to relate? The more unnecessary they seem the better. :)

Also, let's see some of your beautiful reproductions that have been "ruined" by this law.

Comments

• Options

@Mizzou said: "Maybe this" -

YES! That is one.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018 8:41AM

I enjoy the long list of warnings at the end of TV pharmaceutical ads. My favorite: Don't take this medicine if you are allergic to it.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options

@derryb said:
    I enjoy the long list of warnings at the end of TV pharmaceutical ads. My favorite: Don't take this medicine if you are allergic to it.

Or...May cause death.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have this on my desk...my kids gave it to me as warning to others when they interact with me;

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

The warning on ladders saying "do not lean this ladder on high voltage power lines". Really.....that's why I was buying it! :oB)

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

<3>:)o:)

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018 10:24AM
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could fill this thread with a quick Google search. ;)

A couple I found amusing:

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

This product has been known to cause cancer in California.
    I'm safe in other states?

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the older jeep owners manuals (no clue if in the new ones, or mine actually) it used to have a warning that said:
    Do not attempt impossible feats of driving.

• Options
    hickoryridgehickoryridge Posts: 229 ✭✭✭

I had to remove some vinyl adhesive from an old boat once
    I believe it was toluene, it stated on the can that it caused permanent brain damage
    I guess that explains my problem

• Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭✭

Not a warning label per se (more of a ridiculous attribution), but many years ago I saw a coin in a SEGS holder and the actual SEGS label stated: Damaged by FedEx.

I wish I still had a picture of that thing.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a small bag of nuts on an airplane once, and it had the warning: "This bag was package in a facility that processes nuts." :o:s

• Options

calling on @Bullsitter....do you have this warning sign on that RED HOT mustang of yours? >:)

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    calling on @Bullsitter....do you have this warning sign on that RED HOT mustang of yours? >:)

Not yet, but I'm going to order one, wanna go for a ride?

• Options

:) I'll come prepared ;)
    @Bullsitter said:

@Paradisefound said:

Not yet, but I'm going to order one, wanna go for a ride?

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that your medical marijuana? :o;):D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't even want to touch this thing.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018 11:53AM

@PerryHall said:

It was medical but has since been replaced with recreational .....

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

My new lap top battery came with warnings.
    The first one was** "DO NOT hammer a nail into the battery"**
    I could not make this up if I wanted to :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

OK...let me tell then ....you may only operate your single hull kayak (no heavy equipments) :#

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@PerryHall said:

You tell me

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

On thermometer, once used rectally, not to be used orally.
    On wheelbarrow, not for highway use.
    On baby stroller, remove baby before folding.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in at a Autozone not too long ago and they had some Octane Booster sitting next to the register as an impulse buy, but the management added a little sign stating that Octane Booster IS NOT AN ENERGY DRINK, I started busting up, and the clerk said, Don't Laugh because they stopped a young kid about to drink one

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was skiing once on the Front Four of Mt Stowe and saw a sign on one of the runs that said, “ Do not fall here”.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭

Sorta stretches the definition, but this sign was hanging next to the pool at a house we rented - single family house, private pool, 10 feet away from the “Pool Rules” sign. I realize it’s just a joke, but bizarre nonetheless... apologies for the poor pic

Jim

• Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭

Not a warning label on a product, but crazy, nonetheless. In downtown Portland, Maine there was a hardware store with a very small parking lot off an alley in the rear. A very beat up sign on a building which bordered the cramped parking lot admonished:

BUILDING - DO NOT HIT!

They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why reading is SOOOOO important:

Some Claymore mines had silver wire. When the front part was "used up" I used the wire for speaker wire with my Sansui QRX 9001 and 4 Bose 901's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file