Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT, Time Out, Just for fun...What is the craziest Warning label on a product you've seen?

Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

In 1972, the Hobby Protection Act was passed. Numismatics was a target so the law required the word "COPY" to be placed on replicas of coins. Hopefully, someone here can post an image before I do.

This law reminds me of the "warning labels" we now find on many products. Do you have any funny warnings to relate? The more unnecessary they seem the better. :)

Also, let's see some of your beautiful reproductions that have been "ruined" by this law.

Comments

• Options

@Mizzou said: "Maybe this" -

YES! That is one.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018 8:41AM

I enjoy the long list of warnings at the end of TV pharmaceutical ads. My favorite: Don't take this medicine if you are allergic to it.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options

@derryb said:
    I enjoy the long list of warnings at the end of TV pharmaceutical ads. My favorite: Don't take this medicine if you are allergic to it.

Or...May cause death.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have this on my desk...my kids gave it to me as warning to others when they interact with me;

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

The warning on ladders saying "do not lean this ladder on high voltage power lines". Really.....that's why I was buying it! :oB)

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

<3>:)o:)

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018 10:24AM
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could fill this thread with a quick Google search. ;)

A couple I found amusing:

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

This product has been known to cause cancer in California.
    I'm safe in other states?

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the older jeep owners manuals (no clue if in the new ones, or mine actually) it used to have a warning that said:
    Do not attempt impossible feats of driving.

• Options
    hickoryridgehickoryridge Posts: 229 ✭✭✭

I had to remove some vinyl adhesive from an old boat once
    I believe it was toluene, it stated on the can that it caused permanent brain damage
    I guess that explains my problem

• Options
    nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭

Not a warning label per se (more of a ridiculous attribution), but many years ago I saw a coin in a SEGS holder and the actual SEGS label stated: Damaged by FedEx.

I wish I still had a picture of that thing.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a small bag of nuts on an airplane once, and it had the warning: "This bag was package in a facility that processes nuts." :o:s

• Options

calling on @Bullsitter....do you have this warning sign on that RED HOT mustang of yours? >:)

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    calling on @Bullsitter....do you have this warning sign on that RED HOT mustang of yours? >:)

Not yet, but I'm going to order one, wanna go for a ride?

• Options

:) I'll come prepared ;)
    @Bullsitter said:

@Paradisefound said:

Not yet, but I'm going to order one, wanna go for a ride?

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that your medical marijuana? :o;):D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't even want to touch this thing.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2018 11:53AM

@PerryHall said:

It was medical but has since been replaced with recreational .....

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

My new lap top battery came with warnings.
    The first one was** "DO NOT hammer a nail into the battery"**
    I could not make this up if I wanted to :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

OK...let me tell then ....you may only operate your single hull kayak (no heavy equipments) :#

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@PerryHall said:

You tell me

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,299 ✭✭✭✭✭

On thermometer, once used rectally, not to be used orally.
    On wheelbarrow, not for highway use.
    On baby stroller, remove baby before folding.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in at a Autozone not too long ago and they had some Octane Booster sitting next to the register as an impulse buy, but the management added a little sign stating that Octane Booster IS NOT AN ENERGY DRINK, I started busting up, and the clerk said, Don't Laugh because they stopped a young kid about to drink one

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was skiing once on the Front Four of Mt Stowe and saw a sign on one of the runs that said, “ Do not fall here”.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭

Sorta stretches the definition, but this sign was hanging next to the pool at a house we rented - single family house, private pool, 10 feet away from the “Pool Rules” sign. I realize it’s just a joke, but bizarre nonetheless... apologies for the poor pic

Jim

• Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭

Not a warning label on a product, but crazy, nonetheless. In downtown Portland, Maine there was a hardware store with a very small parking lot off an alley in the rear. A very beat up sign on a building which bordered the cramped parking lot admonished:

BUILDING - DO NOT HIT!

They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why reading is SOOOOO important:

Some Claymore mines had silver wire. When the front part was "used up" I used the wire for speaker wire with my Sansui QRX 9001 and 4 Bose 901's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file