Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What the Heck Is the 'Promote' Button Used for?

giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

I notice on my Profile (and those of other members here) there is a Promote button, in addition to all the other buttons such as Like, Agree, Abuse, etc. What is the Promote button and what is it used for? What effect does it have?

Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I know Promotions at work are usually a good thing, unless you get Promoted past your level of competence (not to name any names here o:)o:) ). And there have been school classes where if I got Promoted, I would definitely back at the back of the class! What say ye?

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been discussed a few times here, like below, hope this helps :smile:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1000911/anybody-notice-the

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Oh. It does nothing. Why didn't you say so?

Oh well, I don't think I deserved a Promotion anyway. :|

Kind regards,

George

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@giorgio11 said:
    Oh. It does nothing. Why didn't you say so?

Oh well, I don't think I deserved a Promotion anyway. :|

Kind regards,

George

If I have the POWER....................I will promote you @giorgio11 .............You add a lot to the discussions here :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hit the demote button and discovered that I wanted to collect stamps.

• Options

Thanks @1630 Boston, very kind of you. I think you do too, for that matter. Now where's that darn Group Hug emoji?

Kind regards,

George

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    I hit the demote button and discovered that I wanted to collect stamps.

:mrgreen:

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2018 12:35AM

I think it may have to do with promoting our host, like below.

https://forums.collectors.com/profile/Zoins

Look at Zoins profile and click on "PROMOTE" and then click on "(View Post)" and it brings you to where Zoins links or promotes a few of our Host's sites like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options

Sorry @divecchia ... maybe I'm slow. I don't see a View Post thingie. But I didn't Promote him either ...

Kind regards,

George

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's there to see who is paying attention. ;)

This is the third thread I have seen on the Promite button, second one in the past week. :p

Although we are slowly getting some real info on what our does....

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 'Promote' button is sure getting a lot of attention...no resolution, but a lot of comments. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Well, I just counted the buttons on my DVR remote. 58. And I know what about 10 of them actually do. So when we OCD types see 7 buttons, and the very first one on the left ... Well, you get the idea.

Kind regards,

George

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny how we're looking at our buttons and panels with a fine tooth comb. I imagine an astute coin collector breaking out a magnifier with a light and examining their page closely. Loupe close up looking for an error, grading the buttons and accompanying scores, comparing each profile with others, raising questions with each section and coming up with a question for the rest of us like, "What's this worth?" I had to check, my promotions are at zero. That matches my spam too, also at zero. Does anybody have Spam? Everyone knows you can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@giorgio11 said:
    Sorry @divecchia ... maybe I'm slow. I don't see a View Post thingie. But I didn't Promote him either ...

Kind regards,

George

Hi George,

After clicking on Zoins profile using my link, you have to click on "PROMOTE" in Zoins profile. Then you will see the "(View Post)" link in blue, then click on that and you will see the post that gave Zoins the 1 for promoting our host.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2018 4:00AM

Clicked, saw it, got it. Veni, vidi, vici.

(Anybody remember when that used to be on the Pall Mall cigarette packs? Bless my Dad's heart ... he smoked over 1 million of them in his life ... died a slow and miserable death of emphysema). Thanks.

Kind regards,

George

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file