Options

Scarce Johnson Matthey newp - 10oz

ashelandasheland Posts: 22,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got this today! :smiley:

These bars are really chunky!!!

Comments

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it! I’ve only seen a few similar to yours, and they came with a hefty premium. Congrats on a great pick up!

• Options
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice bar. The pour lines create unique fingerprints from which you will be able identify your bar. B)

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice chunky look to that bar.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is very cool.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! When you say they are "really chunky", it's true. That looks thick. Congratulations! Awesome looking bar.

• Options

Thanks everybody! :)

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Nice bar, congrats

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

That is a Beauty!!! <3<3<3

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice 'chunk' of silver ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    silverman68silverman68 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I hope you didn't pay a huge premium. Nice bar though.

• Options

@silverman68 I paid a premium that's kinda high but I liked the bar so it's all good.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    @silverman68 I paid a premium that's kinda high but I liked the bar so it's all good.

Great answer. It’s nice to stack for portfolio diversification, but at times it’s good for personal gratification. Stacking can be a hobby too.

• Options

@Downtown1974 Exactly! I try to get these at regular bar premiums, but it's not always possible. I have a stack, then I have a Silver Bar collection. Some I luck up and get for very reasonable premiums, some I pay up for... I wanted a nice poured JM 10 for quite some time and finally stepped up and nabbed this one. $29 an ounce. :s However it could easily go back north of that again so it's cool. B):smiley:

• Options
    NVUNVU Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

@asheland good for you and nice looking bar you have there. Sometimes you need to step up a little to get the bar you want and enjoy holding it for long term.
    I stack generics and collect premium bars myself. My collection is something that I don't care if it goes up or down and don't plan to sell it ever. However, my bar collection is outpacing my stack in value by far.... and it's all good :)

• Options

@NVU I totally agree! The older bars are so much fun to collect. The generic stuff for the stack is good for when there's a spike in price. The generic is the stuff I'll unload should the price go up again.

• Options
    mrkbrown87mrkbrown87 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    @Downtown1974 Exactly! I try to get these at regular bar premiums, but it's not always possible. I have a stack, then I have a Silver Bar collection. Some I luck up and get for very reasonable premiums, some I pay up for... I wanted a nice poured JM 10 for quite some time and finally stepped up and nabbed this one. $29 an ounce. :s However it could easily go back north of that again so it's cool. B):smiley:

I can get you these about $50-60 cheaper than what u paid buddy.

Mark Brown

Hoard the keys
  • Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s a nice bar, congrats!

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mrkbrown87 said:

@asheland said:

I can get you these about $50-60 cheaper than what u paid buddy.

That sounds great. Please send me a PM. I'll take one for $23 an ounce.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options

I would possibly be in for another one in time... But I am very picky about the surfaces and overall appearance.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

cool score, i like