Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

John Kraljevich entering politics

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018 8:14PM

B)

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck, John! I would vote for you based on just your animal rescue contributions!

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018 7:11PM

What few democrat coin collectors I have personally known were PRICKS

That's my humble opinion of course! >:)

Edit to add it's almost hypocritical to be a democrat and a coin collector at the same time! :#

Let the Rumble begin!

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know John but this is not the proper place for this post

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options

Well... I don't know him personally!

@Justacommeman said:

@amwldcoin said:

Edit to add it's almost hypocritical to be a democrat and a coin collector at the same time! :#

Let the Rumble begin!

John is a recent former Numismatist of the Year. He's also one of the most respected individuals in the industry. It's news. He is also one of the nicest people I've ever met bar none. I'm proud to call him a friend

Get bent

m

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:
    Work your way up to Sec of the Treasury so that we can redesign our coins!!

bob

That's the least of this country's issues.

• Options
    cnncoinscnncoins Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

I've know John for many years and I can tell you he would do a wonderful job!
    John, you have my vote....unfortunately I live in CA!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018 7:24PM

@amwldcoin said:

@Justacommeman said:

@amwldcoin said:

Let the Rumble begin!

John is a recent former Numismatist of the Year. He's also one of the most respected individuals in the industry. It's news. He is also one of the nicest people I've ever met bar none. I'm proud to call him a friend

Get bent

m

Yet you judge. You're a piece of work.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cnncoins said:
    I've know John for many years and I can tell you he would do a wonderful job!
    John, you have my vote....unfortunately I live in CA!

Don't let voter fraud stop you.

He might have more success climbing the ladder from county to statehouse

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Yes I am as I humbly bow to you!

@Justacommeman said:

@amwldcoin said:

@Justacommeman said:

@amwldcoin said:

Let the Rumble begin!

Get bent

m

Yet you judge. You're a piece of work.

mark

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck John!
    Care to play one more round of the Workd Series of Numismatics?
    TD

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018 7:33PM

Best wishes in your endeavors John

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's exciting and definitely post-worthy. Go John!

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

Funny how Democrats won't let the other side express their opinions! Yeap! Go ahead and Flag me again!

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    Funny how Democrats won't let the other side express their opinions! Yeap! Go ahead and Flag me again!

As you requested.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

@amwldcoin said:

A start would be to can the P word

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Crude Language?

@Swampboy said:

@amwldcoin said:

Your crude language offends across party lines bud.

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

John is a good man ... regardless of his politics or party affiliation. I believe he will go into the election with the best intention to do what is right for his fellow citizens. He has such a wealth of knowledge and understanding of the founding of this great nation that I be he will channel Thomas Jefferson when in office! Good luck, John.

And for the politically sensitive ... I'm a Libertarian, so his party affiliation means little to me.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options

Maybe I can get booted tonight! Then Ya'll won't be able to see all my Purdy Barber Half's I was going to post tomorrow.

I'm sorry if I offend! But I am old school,have never been raciest at all,but am so against the direction the Democrats want to lead us I can't help but speak my piece among those with the same collecting interests I have. The pied piper will take coins away from all but the ultra rich.

My opinion of a Democratic politician is someone who promises the world to the minions so he can get elected into a cushy job. Sure there are a few exceptions but not many!

I hope this thread is poofed before I am banned! :p

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gosh, once again, who would’ve ever guessed that this thread would turn political?!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would vote for him if I could, but when politics rears it's head here it usually turns ugly.

• Options
    edited May 31, 2018 7:59PM

Just expressing my own personal experiences. Many had me thinking...Gosh! And you collect coins? How Dare you!

PS! Is an attack against all Democrats personal?

@cameonut2011 said:

@amwldcoin said:

I'm not a Democrat, and I was the first to flag you. Politics should involve civil discourse and not personal attacks. This is especially true when you know nothing about the individual that is the subject of this thread.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought John was extremely articulate on his political website!

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems coin-news worthy that a very well respected, intelligent, numismatic dealer is running for a public service elective office. (Maybe some of the complainers should try it -- it is very difficult, and personally disruptive. Been there, too....)

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018 8:11PM

@amwldcoin said:
    Just expressing my own personal experiences. Many had me thinking...Gosh! And you collect coins? How Dare you!

PS! Is an attack against all Democrats personal?

@cameonut2011 said:

@amwldcoin said:

I'm not a Democrat, and I was the first to flag you. Politics should involve civil discourse and not personal attacks. This is especially true when you know nothing about the individual that is the subject of this thread.

Should liberal coin collectors use the vitriol and animus displayed in this thread by you as a reason to bash conservative coin collectors? They too would be expressing their personal experience. You cannot logically box in an entire group based on a "few" (your own word).

P.S. How could your comments not be construed as personal? This thread is about a specific dealer running for a state legislature. He happens to be a member of the group you are maligning. The logical implication is that he, by analogy and association, is similar. If that was not your intent then what logical purpose could your post serve other than to troll the others and create chaos?

• Options

Well Mr. Moderator! Isn't it time to poof the whole thread? Famous numismatist or not this is not the place for political adds!

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aftere reading another thread here about the educator-numismatist that passed away at 59, why don't we all take afew moments and think about those that have made a difference in our lives and the lives of others. We all can appreciate and be thankful for having the opportunity know terrific people... Let's not lose sight of what is important. There should be a place for courtesy and respect. There is simply no need to turn this thread into something that is not representative of our values...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    edited May 31, 2018 8:15PM

@amwldcoin said:
    Well Mr. Moderator! Isn't it time to poof the whole thread? Famous numismatist or not this is not the place for political adds!

snowflake

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

There were "Vote for John" badges being distributed at Baltimore last March. I didn't get one :(

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Well Mr. Moderator! Isn't it time to poof the whole thread? Famous numismatist or not this is not the place for political adds!"
    Yours is obnoxiously partisan. There's way too much partisan politics here. If you have to vent do it elsewhere. There's plenty of political websites out there-I'm sure you can find one where you feel right at home.

• Options
    edited May 31, 2018 8:15PM

• Options

Throw politics in my face where I shouldn't have to see them and I will express my opinion! Curious how many others out there are biting their tongues like I should have done!

@koynekwest said:
    "Well Mr. Moderator! Isn't it time to poof the whole thread? Famous numismatist or not this is not the place for political adds!"
    Yours is obnoxiously partisan. There's way too much partisan politics here. If you have to vent do it elsewhere. There's plenty of political websites out there-I'm sure you can find one where you feel right at home.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too was wondering how a business man can be a Democrat. 2 + 2 must be 3 now.

bob :(

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

@EagleEye said:
    There were "Vote for John" badges being distributed at Baltimore last March. I didn't get one :(

I'm holding out for exonumia!!

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    Throw politics in my face where I shouldn't have to see them and I will express my opinion! Curious how many others out there are biting their tongues like I should have done!

I have never been one to bite my tongue. Haven't met the candidate, but everything noted about him on the forum over many years has been of the highest regard.

The OP adding a contribution link was pushing the limits. Your now banished comment would have made Samantha Bee blush.

• Options

@afford said:
    i am a conservative, but I would vote for him in a New York second.....simply because he is an honorable, intelligent, determined, hardworking and humble man....we need a lot more of his kind in politics.

Ditto and I'll drive us

m

This discussion has been closed.