Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2006 ~ An Interesting Lincoln Cent

There might be a Doubled Die here, but I could be wrong. I'm still new at this game and I just photograph what I see. Enjoy the pics and please give me some constructive feedback ~ David

Comments

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop wasting your time with this nonsense and start looking for the coins that everyone has told you to look for.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    mediatechmediatech Posts: 52
    edited May 23, 2018 11:16PM

No one has told me anything. I think you got the wrong guy.... :)

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to Lincolncentresource.com and view double die Lincolns and you will see my point.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't blame you for thinking there is something there, but newer collectors often approach these searches backwards. Instead of searching all coins for doubled dies, it is better to learn which years have known DDs and then search for those dates. (As far as I recollect, there is not a 2006 DD).

It could happen, but the chances of a less experienced collector discovering a new DD variety are pretty slim, to say the least.

I assume your coin's odd effects are due to machine doubling, die erosion, or plating ussues. We'll see what others think....

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bingo or was it Bongo? Them where some good times.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your photographs are excellent.

• Options

Actually, I did go to Lincolncentresource.com and saw the article on 2006 http://www.lincolncentresource.com/doubledies/2006ddo3.html. I wouldn't have posted if I didn't think there was a chance that I was right, because photos capture the truth, whereas your eyes will lie to ya... I've been in photography over 40 years now, and I often use 2-3 light sources. :)

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you need that much magnification and you still can't be sure it isn't of any importance.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    mediatechmediatech Posts: 52
    edited May 24, 2018 5:37AM

:)

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2018 5:38AM

You can't hide your lying eyes. The Eagles. Nothing there.

• Options

@Smudge said:
    You can't hide your living eyes. The Eagles. Nothing there.

You got the quote wrong...

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you look carefully at the picture in the link, then at yours, you will see 'notching' at the tips of letters. Your coin does not demonstrate this feature. Good luck in your searches.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Lying. It is early.

• Options

@Smudge said:
    Lying. It is early.

That's why I drink coffee constantly. Hmmmm.... maybe it's the coffee :)

• Options

@ricko said:
    If you look carefully at the picture in the link, then at yours, you will see 'notching' at the tips of letters. Your coin does not demonstrate this feature. Good luck in your searches.... Cheers, RickO

oops, forgot to notch 'em :)

• Options

Maybe this is one of the old timers sandbagging us. Nah.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for you for doing the research. I didn't know thete was a DD that year. Keep on posting so I can learn a thing or two. :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file