Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So I found a penny in the parking lot....

Kind of shiny. Did anyone lose this?? :)

Comments

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

They must have or it wouldn't have been in the parking lot.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, that one plus the rest of that roll. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, it's mines !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

uh, FYI:
    It isn't the biggie [DDO]

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Treashunt said:
    uh, FYI:

Agree. Not the 1969-S DDO. Machine doubling so just spend it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it’s shiny as in BU then that’s an awesome find. I used to save every S Mint coin I found roll hunting as they are very rare to find in circulation. It is still cool, even though it is not the big one.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

Value is one cent.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

@Treashunt said:
    uh, FYI:

I knew it wasn't. I was curious to see what some people say. I've found out that some people will get all angry-like if you get lucky and they aren't. One day sooner or later, my time will come.
    For now, there is coffee :)

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's mine - it's got my first name initial on it.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mediatech.... Keep searching... and I recommend buying the Cherry Pickers Guide (CPG)....it shows the different DD's and other anomalies.... Good luck in your search... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @mediatech.... Keep searching... and I recommend buying the Cherry Pickers Guide (CPG)....it shows the different DD's and other anomalies.... Good luck in your search... Cheers, RickO

I did download the The Cherrypickers' Guide (CPG) to Die Varieties Reference Numbers download that is a Word document. Without links in it, the Word document is a pain to use. Is there a different CPG??

• Options

Yes, it is two volumes, hard cover, with pictures of all known errors etc.. You can get it at most book stores - i.e. Barnes and Noble, Booksamillion .... and others. It is a great reference to have handy when searching coins. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thanks, I've got it on order :)

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not rare....and btw....
    They would not give me my burger for a penny short.....now I know where I dropped it :#

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has it been run over???

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mediatech to the forums!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a nice cent you have there, but where's a picture of the penny that you found.

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Yes, it is two volumes, hard cover, with pictures of all known errors etc.. You can get it at most book stores - i.e. Barnes and Noble, Booksamillion .... and others. It is a great reference to have handy when searching coins. Cheers, RickO

I am sorry to be "that guy," but two small corrections to the highlighted statement. One, the books list varieties, not errors; and two, while it highlights the most popular, valuable, and eye-catching varieties on US coins, it does not by any stretch include "all known" varieties.

Not trying to diminish the book or your recommendation at all, I replied just to point out that there is a whole world of discoveries to be made and varieties to collect outside of that reference.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

its still a nice pick up but no ddo

• Options

@seanq..... Thanks.... I knew that, but sometimes get over exuberant in my writing.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of coffee, a few years ago in Chicago I paid cash at a starbucks. In change I got two nice red BU cents, one 69-s and one 72-P. I was excited until I looked at them closely. Strange how you remember some things isn't it?

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    That's a nice cent you have there, but where's a picture of the penny that you found.

I just thought it was a neat headline because I remembered someone on you-tube saying something about a '69 that was picked up in the parking lot. I know I'd rather deal with the good and the bad, just looking at coins.

Today I went to a State of Texas IT job interview and it sucked as usual.... :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file