Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Opinions please on these 2 bills.

Both $20.00 notes. Any premium? Series 2013 MG10111111C. I know some SN's are collectible. Series 2004A GF92919838. The last note curious to me as I never noticed a letter (A) after the series date. Any info. as to why the letter after the date would be appreciated. I know the SN is common. Thanks in advance.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2018 4:25PM

The binary serial number definitely has a premium...if you can share pics of both sides it would be helpful to place an approximate value on it.The series 2004A,specifically the "A",has virtually nothing to do with value necessarily.It refers to changes on the note, usually the signatories,that cause the series change.Congress decides, usually based on the date the law gets passed, as to whether to change the date or to add a series letter.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely need pics !!! :)

Timbuk3