Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Latest ebay policy for listing coins

derrybderryb Posts: 36,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Linky dinky doo

While approved grading companies are required to use a unique serial number for each coin ebay no longer requires a seller to provide it in the listing.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.... quite a bit of detail there. I wonder why the changes.... seems to make the standards much less restrictive. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

An increase in fraudulent activity, and less than stellar performance, to follow.

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

With not reporting the cert number I don't think the auction result will be reported on coinfacts?

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Peace_dollar88 said:
    With not reporting the cert number I don't think the auction result will be reported on coinfacts?

Easy-Peasy.... if you see a listing without a cert number, send a message to the seller that it's what kept you FROM buying his thingamabob.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting topic here. Many large Ebay dealers will list multiple graded coins under the same listing. So they probable had a lot of issues covering the guarentee in those and decided to take it out. I also think we seen a lot of fraud with folks cut & past real listings and later defrauding by listing those coins but sending out fakes. I’m pretty sure they will have to come back to this again. Perhaps they should use links to the PTG that shows that coin. I always check to see if that coin is register and other data. At least on the 7 figure coins. .

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

No picture of the whole slab, I walk.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file