Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why doesn’t PCGS slab all WEXLERS varieties, variety vistas, and NGC varieties. So confusing

How can NGC list several ddos for the 1964-d Kennedy and PCGS only has a couple? Then there are even more on variety vista and wexlers ddos. This is what gives me a headache when searching my coins. What is the reasoning for all of this.

Comments

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just the major stuff listed in the Cherrypicker's Guide.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2018 3:15PM

You got me. Anyway, count your blessings, there was a time decades ago when neither of the top two services slabbed many at all! I think in the future, based on changes in the past (details grading), they will come around to some of the other practices of the second tier services - including slabbing counterfeits. After all, you cannot claim to be #1 if you cannot back it up by your performance. Actually, I guess you can.

• Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they did... 2/3 of the varieties I find I have to send them to ANACS.

------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    WatchbelieveWatchbelieve Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Thank you guys. It really doesn’t make any sense. It just keeps companies like ANACS in business

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It all boils down to business models.... Those running the business decide on their criteria - this is determined by perception of the market, customer feedback and product submitted. Business models evolve as the market changes.... much like the weather, wait a bit.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

You would think it would make them more money, which is what they do. :);)B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file