Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

"This is the rarest, most valuable US bills collection on the planet"

ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 18, 2018 11:56AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Amazing US currency coming up for auction with pieces graded by our host.

The video (in the middle of the story) is definitely worth watching:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/this-is-the-rarest-most-valuable-us-bills-collection-on-the-planet

The world’s rarest, most valued print money collection ever assembled goes up for auction next week in Baltimore, Maryland and while the pile of cash is only worth $76,000 on paper, it’s expected to draw upwards of $30 million.

“A lot of bills the U.S. government doesn’t even have a copy of them,” Vicken Yegparian, vice president of numismatics at Stack’s Bowers Galleries, the firm holding the auction, tells FOX Business.

Sorry if it's been posted already. I looked but didn't see it.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be very interesting to see what they bring.

• Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

Fantastic collection of large size notes. Grinnell collection was the best ever by a long shot (and will never be equaled - least of all exceeded), but in modern times, for large size, this is simply unbeatable. BTW: Not graded by the host of this site - PCGS Currency has been a separate company since 2009.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, thanks for the heads-up !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

Lotsa Large size in there. My limited perception is that Large size prices are strong, so this is good timing by the seller

• Options
    boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

Do you think the auction house will take a check? If so, I'll "buy" several.

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nailed a #1 National in the auction tonight at a reasonable price so I'm happy.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA