Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Extra eBay Bucks and Paypal Money...who needs um - 1772-Mo FM (inverted) 8 Reales in PCGS AU53

Probably overpaid, but love the color and look of this 8 Reales.

Comments

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice colour.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice scarce coin!

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it... great color!

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your coin a lot, especially as Charles III was really one of the better Spanish kings.

But your title? Extra eBay bucks? Those are good too. They are 'hot' money - gotta use them - but if you can obtain them while obtaining something you were going to buy anyway - nothing to sneeze at.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3, 2018 7:20PM

Retoned but not bad all around. Charles III was the last capable Spanish King with his son and grand son basically worthless And with lesser noses for Portrait coinage.

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I agree that Charles III was the last good (capable is a good word) Spanish King. Charles IV was a fool's fool, but after him I do find it difficult to fully fault his son Ferdinand. Poor fellow was likely a bastage, had a complete idiot for a putative father.

Charles III was moderately fortunate to die on the eve of the French Revolution. Had he lived longer, it might have hurt his reputation.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2018 9:19AM

Neat coin in a series that is tough in higher grades. I don't think an MS example of this date has been certified by PCGS, as of yet. It's interesting how it looks to have a disproportionate amount of wear. It's probably combined with a weak obverse strike, since it has enough luster for an AU grade.