Home Stamps Forum
Options

3c Propriety stamp

bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found this in my dads stuff after he passed thought it was kind of cool and just wanted to share it.

Comments

• Options
    HarlequinHarlequin Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

<3
    Very nice! I really like the early stuff. I'm new to stamp collecting so I am not to familiar with grading yet but the stamp seems to be in very good condition!

🇺🇸 Harlequin Numismatic
    harlequinnumismatic@gmail.com

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those old revenue stamps are actually what got me started in stamp collecting in the late 50s. I though I had a gold mine but, alas that was not the case. Tho I still collect stamps to a small degree my main interest has shifted to coins in the last 45 years.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely cool and a good history lesson about tax laws in past decades and centuries.

• Options
    sarikanairsarikanair Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Really nice revenue stamps! The overprint also looks to be very clear. It’s even better as it’s on an original envelope. Cheers! Great find..

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sarikanair said:
    Really nice revenue stamps! The overprint also looks to be very clear. It’s even better as it’s on an original envelope. Cheers! Great find..

Its actually not on an envelope. Its on the back of the picture itself.

• Options
    sarikanairsarikanair Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:

@sarikanair said:

Its actually not on an envelope. Its on the back of the picture itself.

Oh alright... that makes it even more special :)