Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

David Hall, Steve Wynn, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, etc.

KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 8, 2018 3:10PM in U.S. Coin Forum
  1. The gentlemen are considered "visionary" for their respective industry.
  2. The stock of their respective Co got hammered this week.
  3. PCGS conducts several coin shows in LV annually.

To be on topic:

Comments

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

stock not equal to man....

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

What does Abe Lincoln have to do with any of this?

• Options

@MorganMan94 said:

duh, if you don't/didn't think Abe was a visionary, then you must have hated history.

• Options

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

duh, if you don't/didn't think Abe was a visionary, then you must have hated history.

Did his stock get hammered today? LV wasn't even around when he was killed. Plus comparing CEOs to a president 150 years ago is a very poor comparison, in fact I don't even know how you can compare them.

• Options

"Abraham Lincoln:
    Revolutionary Leader and Visionary"

http://www.lrna.org/2-pt/articles/v19ed1art2.html

• Options

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

Did his stock get hammered today? LV wasn't even around when he was killed. Plus comparing CEOs to a president 150 years ago is a very poor comparison, in fact I don't even know how you can compare them.

it is obvious you're not a good reader too, didn't you see this?

To be on topic:

• Options

The disagree troll has stuck again, way to go dude.

• Options

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

To be on topic:

Yeah it was nice of you to edit that in there shortly before I posted so I did not see it.

• Options
    edited February 8, 2018 3:51PM

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

it is obvious you didn't see this:

To be on topic:

Yeah it was nice of you to edit that in there shortly before I posted so I did not see it.

my edit was 210 while your post was 212, what's wrong didn't you take you medic today?

• Options
    edited February 8, 2018 3:42PM

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

To be on topic:

my edit was 210 while your post was 212, what's wrong didn't you take you medic today?

I am in the Central time zone, two hours ahead which is why we are seeing different times.

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, Steve Wynn, didn't he just step down from his company for some sleazy behavior?

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

To be on topic:

I am in the Central time zone.

so add 1 or 2 hours to 210, and 212; bottom line, you posted 2 minutes AFTER my final edit.
    case close.

• Options

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

To be on topic:

so add 1 or 2 hours to 210, and 212; bottom line, you posted 2 minutes AFTER my final edit.
    case close.

*closed.
    With a little reading comprehension you can see that I said shortly before I posted you edited it. I read it then was replying while you were editing. I don't know how else I can explain it.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2018 8:36PM

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

case close.

Unless he refreshed is screen while he was typing, he wouldn't see your edit.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MorganMan94 said:

@KollectorKing said:

@MorganMan94 said:

Well not so fast there...

"""Army officer and explorer, John C. Fremont visited the Las Vegas Valley on May 3, 1844. After he publicized it in his "Report of the Exploring Expedition to the Rocky Mountains 1842 to Oregon and Northern California in 1843-44," the valley became better-known by European-American travelers. During his journey along the Old Spanish Trail, he collected geographical information, military intelligence, and made scientific observations of the environment and topography. He noted the excellent quality of the Las Vegas Valley springs. His report greatly enhanced the American public's understanding of the West, and helped establish the route of the upcoming Mormon Road for wagon freight traffic and emigration between Salt Lake and Los Angeles. During the years 1848-50 the majority of the traffic on the Old Spanish Trail related to the Gold Rush in California. As early as 1850, Mormon leaders were considering San Bernardino, California as a possible mission location."""

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... Random thoughts on a winter's eve...I do recall Amazon's early days ( I was living in Washington State) and they would advertise for warehouses... usually in some ridiculous area like the moon or a sports stadium.... It was kind of a joke then.... and he was losing money all the time....No one is laughing now... well, Jeff Bezos is laughing.. and not to the bank,.... now the bank comes to him. :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MizzouMizzou Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭

@1Mike1 said:
    Yea, Steve Wynn, didn't he just step down from his company for some sleazy behavior?

He was caught dorking one of his employees and had to step down from his CEO position

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

• Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW, that's one gorgeous Illinois KK.

• Options
    edited February 9, 2018 3:23PM

@oldabeintx said:
    BTW, that's one gorgeous Illinois KK.

Thanks, sadly I don't own the coin. I'd buy it a heartbeat, but it sold for moon money. If I paid moon money for the coin, I'd probably not want to sell it, unless someone offer me "sun" money :o

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭

Why is this on the PCGS message boards? Throwing a coin picture in with an obscure topic does not make it a numismatic
    topic.

Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Freud, Jung, Adler, Dr. Joyce Brothers, all were outstanding in their fields, lol.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    Freud, Jung, Adler, Dr. Joyce Brothers, all were outstanding in their fields, lol.

Now all we need is a punch line...

How about: but now they are buried under one.

• Options
    edited February 9, 2018 4:57PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@logger7 said:

How about: but now they are buried under one.

Freud, Jung, Adler, Dr. Joyce Brothers

They are a " head case." :D

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2018 7:18PM

@jmlanzaf said:
    @logger7 said:

So are farmers!

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are going with 4 names eh?

Okay - Urey, Goldschmidt, Pauling, Patterson........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bach, Beethoven, Brahms and Bernstein!

• Options

Ringo John Paul George

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are going with 4 names eh?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji