Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT ....I lost my precious Rebecca today.....Have had her since 2004.

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sure am missing her. She sat in the chair beside me and watched me look at a lot of Dimes on the computer. :'(

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh, no. I'm soooo sorry. I've never gotten over the loss of my Pyrenees 3-1/2 years ago. Even having my two Newfoundlands hasn't fully healed my broken heart.

Only dog people truly understand....

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man. Bless her little heart. So very sorry :(

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am so sorry....it always hurts when you lose family.

• Options
    USMoneyloverUSMoneylover Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss Jon. I went through this a few years ago myself, and unfortunately, will again in another couple of years. You know it's inevitable but it's still a really difficult thing to go through.
    Hunter

Finest Coins and Relics
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I am so sorry. Just the thought of losing a beloved pet brings tears.

Mark

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man's best friend. A New Jersey dealer told me about some raw gold coins he put out and his dog did a number on them with his teeth! Ouch. You have to watch some dogs like kids like a hawk.

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really hate to hear this news.
    I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear this. :(

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know what it's like to lose a good friend like that. I just lost my Lab mix in November.

• Options
    hickoryridgehickoryridge Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

If there are no dogs in heaven, I want to go where they went

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that! It is never easy to lose a good friend..

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss. It transcends all of our hobbies and pastimes when our little companions leave us.
    Lost Milo our Boston 15 months ago which was crushing, and now Sparky (the Dogwood Icon Model) has a final vet appointment tomorrow as she’s lost all cognitive function.

But the that’s why, when it’s the right time, there’s nothing as sweet as a box of puppies.

We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss.

They just sit there and love us.
    When we lost Charlie (a Maltese) I figured we'd never get another.
    Today we have 2 Coton Du tuliers.
    They are crazy, and great, but I still miss Charlie, after 10 + years.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another thought: For those who have experienced it, I miss him more than my ex-wife. A hell of a lot more.
    She was just a pain

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Condolences, remember all of the great times.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Sorry for your loss, always dredd the day when you know it’s coming.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dogwood said:
    Sorry for your loss. It transcends all of our hobbies and pastimes when our little companions leave us.
    Lost Milo our Boston 15 months ago which was crushing, and now Sparky (the Dogwood Icon Model) has a final vet appointment tomorrow as she’s lost all cognitive function.

But the that’s why, when it’s the right time, there’s nothing as sweet as a box of puppies.

Making that decision to end the life of your beloved pet is the hardest decision I have EVER had to make. But you hate to see them in obvious pain (even though they cannot tell you), but you have to do what is best for them. I will miss her terribly, but as someone told me " don't cry because it is over, but smile because it happened".

• Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assure you I understand. Sadness prevails.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2018 2:16PM

My condolences on your loss. There is no truer loyalty that a dog can provide.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear about Rebecca. She was a beautiful dog.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember the fourteen good years and not the one sad day.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear of this.

I am sure that Max, my wondermutt, was waiting for Rebecca on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge and is showing her the ropes.

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear, and always remember the best times.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sorry to hear that news, Jon. We have pets also and understand the pain of losing them.
    Hang in there!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

If there is anything we can do, please let us know.

God Bless.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP Rebecca

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dimeman, Sorry for your loss as I was so hoping Rebecca was a dime you named :(

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Condolences. Pets always take an important role in our lives even when we don't plan it that way. Best remedy IMO is to get a shelter dog that will appreciate your company as well.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

My condolences on your loss, Dimeman. Always awful to lose a wonderful pet.

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

:'(

Becky
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm so sorry you lost your girl. I've lost six in the last 30 years and it does not get any easier. My thoughts are with you... :'(

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    JcldJcld Posts: 449 ✭✭✭

So sorry Dimeman, losing a furry family member is so difficult, but I am sure you gave her a great life.

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear of your loss. I've been there as well. Remember the happy times and companionship - nobody can take those away.

These two are getting up there in years 12 and 14.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

So very sorry for your loss.

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss.

• Options
    ricmanricman Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

I know well your feelings - we lost ours 10 days ago. It's an empty feeling one experiences once a pet leaves our lives.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jon, I'm so very sorry to hear about your little girl Rebecca. She looks like a Poodle. I've had a couple of them and still miss them to this very day. My Schnauzer Toby, Which I use a picture of him for my avatar, is 8 now and I dread the day he passes.
    My sincerest condolences.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss my friend. They truly are mans best friend.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Izzy sends her love and were both keeping you close!

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aww that sucks. I'm sorry for your loss of Rebecca. I always thought what a wonderful dog I have in Molly and how much she learns from me. When she died I realized how much patience she had in teaching me. You never stop remembering them.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file