Options

Continental Currency

Could this be authentic.Colonial Currency
(PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO WAY!!!

This is a cast copy. The dime stores were selling examples like this for a buck a piece before the Hobby Protection act was passed. The real thing sells for at least several thousand dollars, and there are a lot of deceptive counterfeits of it.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Did my YN essay on these and this certainly isnt real; it could be a centenial re-strike from 1876
  • Options
    Better to just buy a real one. I think David Lawrence has one in stock that is less (well the grade is Fine I think) than the ones that come up from time to time on Heritage. Probably is as mentioned one of the re-strikes from 1876.
    Jared

Must end life...in classic Lorne Green pose...from 'Battlestar Galactica'...best...death...ever!"

-Comic Book Guy
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    WOW $255,, and I almost gave mine awayimage If the buyer knows it's a copy then I need to sell. If he doesn't then I know how he's going to feel.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    I did not think it was real. I just thought it was interesting to see it being sold this way. Thanks for the input.
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN
  • Options
    An obvious cast copy, it is not one of the 1876 restrikes either. Worth a dollar or so as a novelty.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file