RMWRMW Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Never heard of them either.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    NapNap Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a fairly low value item from one of their auctions once. No problems.

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭

I was just talking to them. Haven't purchased anything from them yet. I asked several questions - they ignored a couple of them.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought two items from them recently. Both were direct purchases, Buy Now, off their website, not an auction. Just so you know, they still charge the 20% fee for items purchased + 2-3% for credit card payments.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajaan said:
    I bought two items from them recently. Both were direct purchases, Buy Now, off their website, not an auction. Just so you know, they still charge the 20% fee for items purchased + 2-3% for credit card payments.

Yikes! Do the other auction houses do that? I guess they could just build it into the the BIN price, but ouch...it just feels wrong to pay a buyer's premium on a direct purchase. Wrap it into the price so it's invisible and less painful I suppose.

I've gotten over the credit card fees, I understand why they charge them. I just do the math to figure out which is cheaper--wiring fees or cc fees and go from there.

• Options
    RMWRMW Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Credit card fees could be lower if the auction houses negotiated that on behalf of their customers . since they pass thru these costs, they have no incentive to do so.
    Re the 20 percent, this sadly seems to be the new normal for auction fees. A well financed upstart should be able to compete on that. But I havent heard of such a fee for a direct purchase. Heritage charges a 10 percent fee but it goes to the seller not the buyer.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

bought once from them, very high and unreasonable shipping cost.
    will not buy again unless it is variety which was not recognized by them.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    koincollectkoincollect Posts: 446 ✭✭✭

I bought some lots from them which did not turn out to be as described. Coins were described as proof but they turned out to be BU. Pictures were not very helpful since the coins appeared as matte proofs. They refused to take them back saying the vendor had described them as such. The coins were nice and graded 65 but I ended up losing a bit of money. That was the last time I bid there. No problems before that even though some coins had issues not disclosed-- again attributed to vendor describing them as such!

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes never heard of but the fee thing wow.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

@koincollect said:
    I bought some lots from them which did not turn out to be as described. Coins were described as proof but they turned out to be BU. Pictures were not very helpful since the coins appeared as matte proofs. They refused to take them back saying the vendor had described them as such. The coins were nice and graded 65 but I ended up losing a bit of money. That was the last time I bid there. No problems before that even though some coins had issues not disclosed-- again attributed to vendor describing them as such!

This really worries me, the coins I purchased are supposed to be proof. A MS coin is worth about 1/10 of the proof version.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don