Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wanted a "9" and an "8" :-(

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

1962, 1971 and 1975 are brutal. Beautiful cards.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shears, screwdriver, submission form. Rinse, repeat, until desired effect takes hold.

Beautiful cards. They'll get there, just not as quickly as you wanted.

Arthur

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

Killer cards!
    I think Print got you on both images and the right corners on the 62 didn't help the attempt
    Both slick enough that I'd go for crack/review though

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

probably the surface, I have a lot of post Gem Mt 8's by looking at them in the holder.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Post is a near perfect card! Surface is like new, back is clean. When compared to my other 8 it is replacing it really impresses.

I know all about the 62's, but a 7 is just wrong! Print spots on the Topps are pretty faint, bottom right corner is a little funky, but even with those "problems" still an 8 in my opinion. Price difference between a 7 and an 8 on the Topps card makes a review or crackout necessary!

Thanks for the kind words guys, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2017 1:32PM

I agree that the '62 looks like an 8. I've had similar problems submitting '71s. You see crappy looking 8s on eBay and then cards like this come back a 7, very frustrating.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

JoeBanzai- I was looking at some player sets a few days ago and came across
    your Killebrew basic set, you have some amazing cards. I'll have to look at your master set
    sometime. Congrats on the great looking set.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Darin. Luckily, I got most of my cards before the market exploded and I decided to buy only minty cards as the card shops wouldn't buy anything from me because mine were NM. I figured why spend my money on nice cards if they weren't worth it.

Of course I am an obsessive so I had to get everything I could find Killebrew. He was my favorite player growing up and I met him a few times at shows and he was SO NICE!

I do have a couple of hard to find cards in the Master Set!

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the '62 has a bit too much snow to get an 8. Maybe if you keep submitting it, you'll eventually get it into an 8 holder but I wouldn't count on it. Nice cards none the less.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

the 62 looks like a 8.5. You got hosed.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED