Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Wanted a "9" and an "8" :-(

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

1962, 1971 and 1975 are brutal. Beautiful cards.

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shears, screwdriver, submission form. Rinse, repeat, until desired effect takes hold.

Beautiful cards. They'll get there, just not as quickly as you wanted.

Arthur

• initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

Killer cards!
    I think Print got you on both images and the right corners on the 62 didn't help the attempt
    Both slick enough that I'd go for crack/review though

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

probably the surface, I have a lot of post Gem Mt 8's by looking at them in the holder.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Post is a near perfect card! Surface is like new, back is clean. When compared to my other 8 it is replacing it really impresses.

I know all about the 62's, but a 7 is just wrong! Print spots on the Topps are pretty faint, bottom right corner is a little funky, but even with those "problems" still an 8 in my opinion. Price difference between a 7 and an 8 on the Topps card makes a review or crackout necessary!

Thanks for the kind words guys, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2017 1:32PM

I agree that the '62 looks like an 8. I've had similar problems submitting '71s. You see crappy looking 8s on eBay and then cards like this come back a 7, very frustrating.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

JoeBanzai- I was looking at some player sets a few days ago and came across
    your Killebrew basic set, you have some amazing cards. I'll have to look at your master set
    sometime. Congrats on the great looking set.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Darin. Luckily, I got most of my cards before the market exploded and I decided to buy only minty cards as the card shops wouldn't buy anything from me because mine were NM. I figured why spend my money on nice cards if they weren't worth it.

Of course I am an obsessive so I had to get everything I could find Killebrew. He was my favorite player growing up and I met him a few times at shows and he was SO NICE!

I do have a couple of hard to find cards in the Master Set!

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the '62 has a bit too much snow to get an 8. Maybe if you keep submitting it, you'll eventually get it into an 8 holder but I wouldn't count on it. Nice cards none the less.

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

the 62 looks like a 8.5. You got hosed.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED