Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Makes cents for flooring, anyway...

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did a search, couldn't find a current link. I've seen some things like this before, but this one was pretty cool...

YouTube video: Woman Throws 13,000 Pennies On The Floor For A Reason That Leaves Guests Speechless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pWl2xeT5W4

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pattern. Thanks for posting.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is interesting :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

My entire kitchen was done with wheat cents and all the 2009 cents. Have over 60 hours just putting them up. Its a lot of work but everyone who gets to see it love's it. One and done for me!

Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every now and then, I see stories about people using them for all sorts of things:

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing.... that is a lot of work..... One would have to dedicate oneself to this for a significant amount of time. I just do not have that much time.... way too busy. Maybe when I hit 90.... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine accidently dropping a coin on the floor. You'd never find it again..... ;)

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    boyernumismaticsboyernumismatics Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭

@mvs7 said:
    Every now and then, I see stories about people using them for all sorts of things:

I can't imagine using either copper or zinc cents in an area that has any sort of significant moisture, even though you put an epoxy layer over it. If it's something I've learned working with wet areas, NOTHING is truly waterproof and it'll be a MESS in the future. Maybe not right away, maybe not even for you, but it surely will be a mess for someone else to clean up!

I love the idea, but I'm just not a fan of the practicality.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file