Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FS: PSA 7 1957 Topps #77 Bill Russell Vintage Rookie Card w/ Gorgeous Centering & Lighthouse Label

See the pics below. Last one sold for nearly $16k with average or less centering. Also, a few weeks back, a PSA 8 with undesirable centering sold for $23k+. Asking $14999.99 OBO for this beauty with gorgeous centering (hard to find for this series of card...I want to say "perfect," but I know someone will say that is impossible, so you be the judge). Contact me if interested. No trades please.

Comments

• Options

Any chance you can post a crisper scan of the back? Thanks.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

will try. my scanner sucks. I will take a photo via a digital camera for now, hope it will suffice

• Options

As promised, photo taken moments ago.

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭

Nice card. I was very surprised to see it go unsold so many times on eBay in the previous holder. You don't see centering like that very often.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

@shagrotn77 said:
    Nice card. I was very surprised to see it go unsold so many times on eBay in the previous holder. You don't see centering like that very often.

Agreed. I could not believe how nice the centering was until I had it in my hands for the first time. A real stunner!

• Options
    RAPTORSRULE04RAPTORSRULE04 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭

Beautiful. now i just need the money to own it.

• Options

@RAPTORSRULE04 said:
    Beautiful. now i just need the money to own it.

Ty for the kind words...selling it to build a war chest to make a run at my all time want...assuming it comes up for sale in the near future : )

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Wow. A Beauty! Top 10% of pop card right there. There are 3 9s. Of the 45 8s, 32 have a Q. And of the 84 7s, 48 have the Q. Good luck with the sale!

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

@vintagefun said:
    Wow. A Beauty! Top 10% of pop card right there. There are 3 9s. Of the 45 8s, 32 have a Q. And of the 84 7s, 48 have the Q. Good luck with the sale!

yeah, this card is generally low pop for grades 7 and above...super hard to find centered as well

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll bite - and your all time want is? If you're ok revealing it of course...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    I'll bite - and your all time want is? If you're ok revealing it of course...

I am...kinda...but concerned about competition for it...so...will stay quiet for now, but will post results if and when i win the auction.

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

@vintagefun said:

HighGrade, nice card!! Amazing how this card in a 7 (and 8 too obviously) has jumped in the last couple years. I'm glad I picked up an entire graded set of mostly 7's with four 8's and three 6's three years ago for around $13695 (Russell and Cousy are both 7's). GLWTS :)

Vintagefun, you need to learn how to read the pop report lol. There are 45 straight 8's ie 45 that don't have a qualifier. There are 32 that have a qualifier so 77 total 8's with and without qualifiers. Regarding the 7's there are 84 straight 7's ie 84 that don't have a qualifier and another 48 that have a qualifier so 132 total 7's with and without qualifiers. I hope you haven't been misinterpreting the pop report in this fashion when buying cards :o

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

LOL. I actually started wondering about that after I posted. Figured if I was wrong I'd be set straight. I can call this my learned something new for the day. Thanks

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

Anyone want to take this home?

• Options

Still can be yours...

• Options

Take me home tonight...

• Options

for sale

• Options

Still 4 sale

• Options

Christmas bump/ I have an Epson 600V coming, so I hope to have better scans up soon

• Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Amazing card!

Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Options

New years bump...with new scans!

• Options

this card is calling your name...

• Options