Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

2017 Glendale Coin Club Gold/Silver Coin Raffle - 10/22/17 - 2x PCGS MS63 $10 Gold! - 6 tix for $10!

It is that time of year again! I have posted similar threads in connection with our coin club's annual fundraiser in the past few years and forum members have won prizes every time, including one member winning the big prize in 2011 and forum members winning the top two prizes in 2013! In 2015, 5 of the 15 prizes went to forum members buying through me! Last year, we had four winners here on the forum. You can see my previous years' threads here:

2016 thread
2015 thread
2014 thread
2013 thread
2012 thread
2011 thread

As you may know, I am the current President of the Glendale, CA Coin Club. We put on an annual local coin show and this year it will be in Van Nuys, CA on Sunday, October 22, 2017 at the Van Nuys Masonic Hall. At the show, our annual Gold & Silver Coin Drawing will be held at 4:00 p.m. The club purchases the gold and silver coins during the year and raffles them off at our show to bring people in to our show and to raise funds for the club. Of course, the gold and silver coins are a significant expense so we must sell a bunch of tickets just to break even, let alone get into the black. For the past several years, our raffle has been successful thanks in part to the many forum members who have supported the club.

Our 2017 raffle is looking to be another great one. 15 Gold and Silver Coins will be given out in the raffle as follows:

2017 Silver Eagle
2017 Silver Eagle
2017 Silver Eagle
2017 Silver Eagle
2017 Silver Eagle
2017 Silver Eagle
2017 Silver Eagle
2017 Silver Eagle
2017 Silver Eagle
2017 Silver Eagle
1945 Mexico Dos Pesos Gold
1945 Mexico Dos Pesos Gold
2016-W 1/10 oz. Gold Mercury Dime
Top Prize 1: 1900 $10 Liberty Gold Eagle PCGS MS63
Top Prize 2: 1932 $10 Indian Gold Eagle PCGS MS63

Here's a quick pic of the prizes:

In order to have a chance to win one or more of the above coins, you must buy tickets!! I'm posting them for sale here because you do NOT need to be in attendance to win!!! If you look a prior year threads you will see that many of your fellow forum members have one coins in previous raffles.

Tickets are only $2 each or six (6) tickets for $10. Just think of how cool it will be to tell your friends you bought a gold or silver coin for only $2!!! :) Payment by cash, check, money order or PayPal works, whatever is easiest for you.

This year we are again adding incentives to buy more tickets and an opportunity to get some of our special 2017 Glendale Coin Club overstrikes which are currently being made for us by Daniel Carr. Accordingly, the following packages are available, but quantities of the overstrikes are very limited so it’s first come first served until we run out:

$50.00 for 30 tickets + FREE 2017 Glendale Coin Club Overstrike on 2017 Copper Walker Zombucks

$150.00 for 90 tickets + FREE 2017 Glendale Coin Club Overstrike on 2017 Copper Walker Zombucks & 2017 Glendale Coin Club Overstrike on 2017 Silver Eagle

Let me know if you'd like some tickets and I'll fill them out and make sure they get into the drawing. I'll also mail you the ticket stubs upon request (at no charge) if you would like them for your records. I'm making nothing in selling these, just trying to help out the coin club and allow the forum members a chance to have fun and to win it big!

I will also have tickets for sale at my table at the Buena Park Coin Show held October 7-8, 2017 if you wish to buy some in person.

Here is a picture of one of the tickets for reference:

Additionally, to show my personal appreciation to the forum and to support our club, and because I want to make guarantee at least one forum member wins something this year too, I will hold my own independent drawing for one of the limited edition 2016 Australia Silver Kangaroo PCGS Gem BU Sample Slabs made up for the Glendale Coin Club and Verdugo Hills Coin Club Joint Meeting held at the ANA World's Fair of Money in Anaheim in August 2016. So at least one forum member is certain to win regardless of how many buy tickets!

The 2016 Australia Kangaroo PCGS Sample Slab will be awarded to a lucky forum member who purchased raffle tickets through me here (or at a show). Again, this is completely separate from the coin club raffle and I will select the winner of this special forum member only prize by a separate random draw. You'll get one chance in my draw for each coin club raffle ticket purchased. Good luck!

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like to participate!

Thanks again for all of your support!

Mike

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

Thank's once again for the opportunity Mike, hope the fundraiser sets a new high.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike,

You can put me down for 12 tickets this year again! PM sent!

Cheers

Bob

• Options

Mike,

I made that $50 for 30.

Cheers

Bob

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2017 4:14PM

I want a smashed Zombucks - put me down for $50! :D

PayPal address?

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won gold in 2013!!! so ya'all need not play, Mike, ill send it over VIA your PP sometime tomorrow. I have your address. Bruce.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

Dang - that overstrike eagle sounds like a candidate for my counterstamp Dansco 7070!

Put me down for the $150 deal!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

That's my dad's b-day, so I must be a winner!

I'm down for 6 tickets ($10)

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2017 10:47PM

sure why not? put me down for $20. Paypal addy please
    OOps make it $30. 12 tickets to me and one free ticket for each forum member before me. ;)

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks everyone :) Will send ya messages later tonight.

Mike

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

$sent, Thanks!

• Options

Sent through paypal. Thanks.

• Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

sent check thru snailmail....... best of luck on raffle

• Options

@chumley said:
    sent check thru snailmail....... best of luck on raffle

Thanks, good luck to you this year too!!

:+1:

• Options

I'm down for 6 tickets.

• Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Todays Bump for a good cause....

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options

Thanks again everyone! Hope you are all having an excellent weekend!!

:)

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in for $10. I'll paypal it to you within the next couple of days.

• Options

Still plenty of time to get in on the drawing! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mike

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

@illini420 do you have any pictures of what the Carr medals will look like? Thanks!

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll do $10 for six tickets, PM sent :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

@U1chicago said:
    @illini420 do you have any pictures of what the Carr medals will look like? Thanks!

I do not have an exact picture of what they will look like as they are currently being made by Daniel Carr. The idea is to use the obverse die from our Glendale Coin Club medals featuring the bear design from the 1925 California Commemorative Half Dollar to overstrike the reverse side of 2017 copper zombucks rounds and 2017 Silver Eagles.

So... after that is done we should have a medal w/ our club bear design on one side:

And the other side will have the Walking Liberty design, from the Zombucks coin in copper and from the Silver Eagle in silver, though it will likely be flattened and distorted somewhat because of the overstriking on the other side, just not sure how much:

I think they have a pretty good chance of coming out pretty neat looking. We went w/ the Zombucks copper rounds because they were pretty much the only copper rounds we could find that had a date on them. And it should match the Silver Eagle overstrikes nicely too.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Mike

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, those Zombucks are sweet! Put me down for 30 tickets and the medal for $50. Will the medal come with a signed flip by Daniel?

• Options

What's the best way to pay @illini420

• Options

@MattTheRiley said:
    Hey, those Zombucks are sweet! Put me down for 30 tickets and the medal for $50. Will the medal come with a signed flip by Daniel?

No, the medal will not come with a signed flip. When our club has our medals made by Daniel Carr, the entire mintage is done in one striking and is sent to us in rolls where the coins are individually separated for their protection. We then usually put each of them in plastic capsule before distributing them to our members and those who purchased them. Please let me know if you have any other questions and thanks again for your support of the club!

• Options

Paid via PayPal. Good luck with the fundraiser!

• Options
  • Options

About 10 days to go until the drawing... still plenty of time to get in on the fun!!!

• Options

Just a week left until our coin show and raffle!

Still time to get your chance at the prizes if you are interested, just let me know!

Thanks again and good luck to all of you who have already purchased tickets... your support of our club is greatly appreciated!!

Mike

• Options
    ZugZug Posts: 215 ✭✭

bump for a good cause and a great guy to deal with

• Options

@Zug said:
    bump for a good cause and a great guy to deal with

Thanks again for your support!!!

Last call for tickets... anyone else feeling lucky before the show on Sunday????

:)

• Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Mike! TTT.

• Options

Getting everyone's tickets filled out today... will get pics of the filled out tickets to you all later tonight or tomorrow... definitely before Sunday's drawing though :)

Thanks again to you all for your support of our club and good luck!

Hope to be posting several forum winners Sunday evening!

• Options

bump

• Options

Can't wait to see our forum members win every single prize. :p

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Good Luck to Everyone here who bought a ticket! :):):)

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

Excited to see the results!

• Options

Sorry for the delay, was pretty wiped out after the show last night so didn't post then. Will do a post this evening when I get home for sure, we did have a few forum winners. :)

Mike

• Options

Excited...even though I'm quite sure none of my 6 were called, someone ...or a couple of ya/us won. Hope whoever won, wins 1 of the $10 gold pieces. Good Luck

Abandon All Hope-Ye Who Enters Here...Dante Alighieri

• Options

Cool! it was around my birthday when I purchased the tickets. And being the lucky 7 th person, I decided to sponsor some for free. If one of you win ticket #295-#300, care to join me and pass the luck around next years? ;)

• Options

I am super stoked for the Zombucks overstrike! How did they turn out Mike?

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Win or lose, it's nice to know someone like Mike who's excited about coins and getting others involved.

Mike - well done! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

I'd like to know who won? Anybody heard anything?

• Options

Ok everyone, sorry about the delay... was just pretty tired after the show yesterday and then this week started off pretty crazy with everything non-coin related.

Anyways, wanted to again thank everyone who supported our Glendale Coin Club by participating in this raffle. The support of this forum in our raffle each year does make a difference and the support allows our club to step up and buy some really great prizes each year too.

Unfortunately, the top prizes didn't go to forum members this year... one ended up going to a long time club member and another went to an attendee of the show who bought his ticket at the door.

We did have 5 prizes go to forum members though as follows:

2017 Silver Eagle - CCC2010
    2017 Silver Eagle - felinfoel
    2017 Silver Eagle - SoCalBigMark
    1945 Mexico Dos Pesos Gold - Wingsrule
    1945 Mexico Dos Pesos Gold - zug

Congrats to those winners... will be in touch with you soon to confirm your address so I can mail out your prizes (probably later this week).

The 2016 Australia Kangaroo PCGS Sample Slab prize was selected by random draw of all who bought tickets here and the winner of that one is - MattTheRiley

Finally, the zombucks and silver eagle Dan Carr overstrikes have not yet been delivered to us. I am hopeful they will be delivered soon. I will reach out to Dan to confirm and will of course update those of you who will be getting those as incentives as soon as I hear.

Again, thanks to all of you who participated in our Glendale Coin Club raffle!!! And congrats to the winners!!!

Please let me know if you have any questions. We'll do it again for our October 28, 2018 show!!!

Mike

• Options

Congratulations to the forum winners.

Thanks Mike, will buy more Tix for the 28th show.
    Super nice of you. Best of Luck

Mark

• Options

Congrats to all the winners!!!

• Options

Gongrats to all and especially to Mike for his efforts in furthering the hobby!

Cheers

Bob

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Mike for putting forth the time and effort and allowing forum members to participate. Very nice that a long time club member took the top prize. Looking forward to next years raffle and congrats to all the winners. Chris.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, Mike! Congrats to the winners!!

• Options

Thanks Mike.
    For the effort put forth, and being one of the great people to deal with.
    Look for my support again next year.

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Thank you Mike for facilitating this for us forum members who would not otherwise get a chance to participate. Congratulations most especially to all those who supported this fund raising! And yes to the winners as well.

References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny